Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Petco in Green Valley, Arizona - 2 dogs……4 hours……only one dog groomed

3.8
Petco had 3 groomers and one manager Appt. at 10:30 AM when I arrived to pick up the dogs at 2:30(after calling them at 1:30) only one dog was groomed. They explained the phone had been busy so they just couldn't get the dogs both groomed. Apparenlt making new appointments was far more important to Petco than servicing the clients they already had……per the manager, it is Petco's policy to take 4 hours per dog to groom……however no way to ever verify that statement. I called 3 times today and they managed to disconnect each timed…….hmmmm…maybe on purpose?? Well I took my 2 Havanese and left and will never darken their doorstep again. Dogs need water and need a chance to relieve themselves during that time and they alas, cannot do that for them either! Terrible grooming store….GO elsewhere!
Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about your recent experiences and would like the opportunity to investigate.

Please call customer support at (888-824-7257) so that we can look into this further. Best wishes.

@Petco

No, I've spent enough time already which was the issue, so I'm not calling your 1-888 number and spending more time on the phone. It would seem the best method is for you to contact the grooming department yourself in your PETCO store in Green Valley, AZ.

They were very aware I was not happy. I spoke to the grooming mgr. and she alerted the store mgr. So you investigate first.

Obviously they are not organized enough to have someone answer the phone in the separate room and also be able to groom in another which is totally impossible!

The issue then becomes either the grooming mgr.'s. or PETCO's not mine. The Pet Resort is soooo much better here, next time I'll wait to get in with them again. I thought I'd try Petco since you were closer but

I will drive the extra distance the next time.

I now have one dog ready for a month long trip and the other is not.

I'll need to find a groomer in another state to complete the dog! No refund requested, just fix your issues.

Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about your recent experiences with our grooming department and would like the opportunity to investigate.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Grooming service times
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
5.0
Excellent service in the bay shore Petco. The workers there are so nice. The management staff is awesome and the groomers are wonderful. I shop there atleast once a week and always get help when I need it. The cashier always has coupons for me.
Petco

Hi there. We are glad to hear you have a great experience whenever you visit our store.

Our team always strives to provide the best service, so we are happy to learn about this.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us -- we appreciate the support. Best wishes!

Good customer service

Petco - Grooming Service Review from Deer Park, Texas

5.0
I took my 3 year old small poodle to petco to get the full package I didnt mind spending the money they were nice at first we dropped her off at 11 they said 2 or 3 hours shed be done and that theyd call we waited and by 5 we decided to go check and they hadnt even started cutting her hair yet and by 5:30 they started cutting 30 min before they closed and we ask the lately why it took so long and she blaimed us saying that we excited are dog coming in and then started yelling at us we had to get a manger who gave us a 4 dollar coupon and then told us shed talk to the lady 73 dollars for that experience.... never again.
Petco

Hi there. Would you please send us your contact information by email so that we can have our team reach out to further assist you regarding your dog's grooming appointment?

Please send it to this email address: ptpsupport@petco.com. We look forward to hearing from you and making things right.

Petco - Review in Pet Stores category from Rifle, Colorado

I went to my local Petco in (Glenwood Springs Colorado) and was very disappointed with how the RussianTortoises were being kept. There were five large torts in a small glass aqarium. I am unsure if there was enough room to move to and from their food dish. I am unfortunately guilty of purchasing a russian tort from petco befire gavibg done my research and seeing how they housed them in less than desirable conditions ( when i got mine she was the only one with at least a little room). Again if i had done my research i would have not bought from them. PETCO makes more than enough MONEY to ensure quality living conditions for all the animals they are selling. i was also told they sell wild caught tortoise and other reptiles. The employees are very nice and knowlegable no tganks to petco as the information they have has come from doing their own research. Please research before you buy to make sure you are not putting money into the hands of people who could give a *** about animal living conditions.
Petco

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please call our customer support (888-824-7257) so we can look into this further. Thank you and we look forward hearing from you.

Excellent Experience at Kernersville Petco

5.0
Every time I patronize Kernersville Petco, I have an extremely positive experience. The staff are always polite, friendly and helpful and I enjoy every visit to this clean, attractive and well-stocked store. The store manager, Gary is always friendly and genuinely interested in making sure I have a good experience in his store. In addition, Gary and the staff are always welcoming to the various rescue groups who hold adoption events at Petco. As a volunteer with Forsyth Humane, I appreciate the efforts made by Petco to help find loving homes for the dogs and cats who depend on rescue groups. My dog, Ginger, just LOVES to shop at Petco; it's her favorite spot to visit. Can't give enough kudos to Kernersville Petco!

Thanks for posting, Gary.

Petco

Hi there. We're so happy to hear you have a great experience during each visit to the Kernersville store!

We'd be more than glad to pass this along to Gary and the rest of our team and let them know.

Thanks again for sharing this with everyone. Best wishes!

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • High quality pet products
  • Friendly customer service
  • Clean
Good customer service
Went to Petco adoption in Weber Texas with my adult son. We had a dog picked out from the website. We had waited 3 years until we had the time to work with a pet before looking. We went to Petco waited 2 hours for the dog to come in. Filled out all the paper work...

the problem is with the adoption agency, not with petco.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Animal adoption
Poor customer service

Petco in Raphine, Virginia - Rude groomer angry dog.

My mini schnauzer was due for a haircut. We took him to his appointment and was greeted with oh my god he doesn't even look like a schnauzer....well I will admit he was due he looked scruffy but surely not unrecognizable to his breed. She then proceeded to complain about how matted he was as if we neglect him. I felt like saying well yeah he has a couple small matts that why we are here...he doesn't enjoy being groomed and I told her that which was followed by I have three schnauzer's and they fight over who will be groomed first as if I'm a bad dog owner because my dog doesn't enjoy haircuts well whatever. She then proceeded to complain about "all the matting" for a bit. When it was time to leave my dog was hesitant to go with her and she pretty much ordered us to leave and took the leash and dragged him into the grooming area. When we went to pick him up he was growling and visibly angry at the groomers.
Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like the opportunity to investigate.

We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes.

Petco in Bronx, New York - GROOMING

4/26/15 This is the second time my dog gets rejected for grooming. First time she need it the Bordetella vaccine required by NYC which they never informed that I need it this when I made the appointment. So I went to the Vet and got the Vaccine for my dog. I made a new appointment took my dog and reject it again because a receipt from the Vet was not sufficient I need it a Certificate. Which I understand they are following rules. However, why they are not giving people accurate information of what they need to bring. No apologizes or anything very rude and do not take responsibility for not doing their job right. Worst customer service ever. I would never by anything to them or bring my dog for grooming they are just a waste of time and a joke.

It is NY state law that a dog or cat cannot be groomed without a rabies vaccine. Petco requires the paperwork because the tags they give you do not specify the dogs name breed or expiration date of the vaccine. As a cashier at Petco when people call i ALWAYS tell them they need the papers.

Petco

Hi again. Could you please send us your contact information by email so that we can have our team reach out to further assist you regarding your dog's grooming appointment?

Petco

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

View more comments (3)

Petco - Disgruntled Shopper Greensburg, PA

2.0
I used to live in Greensburg, PA and know Petco very well. I'm a reptile owner and I buy my supplies from them. Firstly, the employees are rude and talk to me like I am ***. Megan and Liz are their names. Megan forces products on me that I don't want to buy, and Liz looks like she doesn't even take a bath let alone the animals. The managers Jacob and Erica always push aside my concern for the animals health. There are clearly signs of malnurishment and I can see little bugs crawling around in the dirty bedding. Horrifying!
Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about your experiences and would like the opportunity to investigate.

Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • How animals were handled
  • How employees cared for my pets
  • Bad customer service
Preferred solution
Improve on Animal Care and Customer Service!
Tags
  • dead animals
  • Live Fish
  • Reptile Care
Last pay check was on 3/23/15 and today is 4/20/15 was a employee of store 1412 in grand junction,co was the aquatic spec. Just tring to get payed so I can move on company is very unorganized have you spend you time and money on the phone with HR to get payed and no...

*** petco. I work there for less than minimum wage with the Money I have to spend on blade and scissor sharpening and maintenance!

They just keep cutting their groomers pay and wonder why they can't keep any of their groomers? *** their cheap *** right in the ***

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
I am or was a customer to spent a lot of money in this store