Verified Reviewer

1.3

On Wednesday, January 13 I took my cocker spaniel (Taylor) into the PetCo in Burke, VA for grooming. When I got their I requested a light trim and the groomer claimed it would be 2-4 hours.

After about 3 hours I stopped in to see if he was done as I had an appointment. I was yelled at by the groomer and told she hadnt called yet. About 45 minutes later my boyfriend (Peter Just) picked up our dog although he looked nothing like Taylor as he had no hair and looked malnutrition.

Peter was yelled at that he had to go to the store to pay. In addition to having to get a sweater so Taylor can use the bathroom and be outside his behavior has changed.

He is very timid and depressed. He has a minor cut on his leg and wont go anywhere without one of us next to us. He shakes and after talking to a vet it is clear he experienced trauma. Based on the behavior of the groomer and his barking as we came to get him (he doesnt bark) we are very concerned.

That groomer is unfit to be around animals and made my dog feel unsafe outside (he has a summer coat in winter time) and we are no longer able to leave him alone in the house.

We have been using your services but never had this groomer. We are now hesitant to take Taylor to any PetCo as he gets anxious when we drive by the plaza.

Please help ensure pets are not mistreated by your staff.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.

Petco Cons: Abuse to animals.

Location: 9230 Old Keene Mill Road, Burke, VA 22015

Comments

#2003607

I live in in independence and I got a call 3 and a half hours later claiming I needed to pay another 82 dollars because they had to bath him twice. When I inquired why, they said because he pooped all over himself.

My dog has been with me since eight weeks and has never had a accident in that manner. When I picked him up he was traumatized. And belonged to my truck.

There were no explanations, and the groomer was behind the door on the phone hiding. I will never use petco again...

#1974035

You are so disgusting. Your dog was supposedly abused, you have no proof of this and you want a refund?

Is money(getting a refund more important than your dog? You have no proof of abuse.

#1974033

okay

#1974039
@PissedConsumer1974033

Okay all right. She just cannot afford to pay $90 for the dog grooming services so she is making up lies about abuse to get her money back.

If her dog really were abused her top priority would be to get the person fired or the store shut down. She is just lying because she did not want to pay for the services. Getting her money back is more important than her dog being abused. If her dog really were abused her main concern would not be getting her money back.

The worst part of this all is she could get someone innocent into trouble for her lies because she wanted a free service. It is a sad world we live in thanks to people like her.

#1974031

Hi there. Please contact us at 1 (877) 738-**** so that we can look into this.

#1974036
@Petco

Do not fall for her tricks. Most likely she is making it up because she did not want to pay for the service.

Petco Reviews