I took my doggie to Petco for nail trimming and while I was there I asked about a bath and ear cleaning.I agreed to have her bathed and such.

I had to leave her because they had other dogs to bathe first. I was told that they would call me when she was ready. 20 minutes later I got a call from Petco, that my dog had an "accident" and was taken to the animal hospital. I met the assistant manager at the vet, who by the way was very nice and understanding, and I asked what had happened.

Lola had multiple scratches, lesions, scrapes, etc. he said she backed out off the groomers table. He also stated that there were 2 attendants with Lola at the time of the incident. Attached are the pictures.

Petco did pay for her treatment and agreed to pay for any and all follow up visits and treatments. My Lola is my 4 legged baby and I am very upset that after telling them that she is blind (It's in the paperwork I signed) they would not take precautions with her.

Looks like the put her on the table with a rope and left her there to fend for herself!THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of groom and poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "negligence" of pet grooming. Petco needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned pet grooming in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Petco. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Petco.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

Janey89

Accidents happen and if they handled the situation with respect, apologized and paid your vet bills I really don't understand what else you want from them..

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1050618

Update:

Lola went to her vet this morning and the swelling has decreased, she got steroids pills that she has to take for a few days, but her wounds are doing much better. We have another vet visit at the end of the week.

Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers :)

I will never buy anything from them again!!!

I'm so sorry for your baby

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1049921

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my comment.

Would still file a local police report for animal abuse. This is totally unacceptable.

Petco

Hi there.Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please call our customer support at (888-824-7257) so we can look into this further.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make things right.

to Petco #1049428

I know what you can do. Take care of your freaking animals.

For a blind dog that had to be traumatizing for it.Total negligence on their part.

That is horrible.

I will never use them for sure.Prayers for Lola.

to Anonymous San Antonio, Texas, United States #1049918

You are so kind. Thank you for your prayers.