Petco - Blind dog "falls" off grooming table!

I took my doggie to Petco for nail trimming and while I was there I asked about a bath and ear cleaning.I agreed to have her bathed and such.

I had to leave her because they had other dogs to bathe first. I was told that they would call me when she was ready. 20 minutes later I got a call from Petco, that my dog had an "accident" and was taken to the animal hospital. I met the assistant manager at the vet, who by the way was very nice and understanding, and I asked what had happened.

Lola had multiple scratches, lesions, scrapes, etc. he said she backed out off the groomers table. He also stated that there were 2 attendants with Lola at the time of the incident. Attached are the pictures.

Petco did pay for her treatment and agreed to pay for any and all follow up visits and treatments. My Lola is my 4 legged baby and I am very upset that after telling them that she is blind (It's in the paperwork I signed) they would not take precautions with her.

Looks like the put her on the table with a rope and left her there to fend for herself!THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Groom
    • Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Pet Grooming
Review category
Pet Stores
review #718250 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petco? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 17 #1113673

Accidents happen and if they handled the situation with respect, apologized and paid your vet bills I really don't understand what else you want from them..

1 4 Reply

Oct 19, 2015 #1050618 San Antonio, Texas

Lola went to her vet this morning and the swelling has decreased, she got steroids pills that she has to take for a few days, but her wounds are doing much better. We have another vet visit at the end of the week.
Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers :)

2 1 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049490

I will never buy anything from them again!!!
I'm so sorry for your baby

1 1 Reply

Oct 17, 2015 #1049921 San Antonio, Texas

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my comment.

0 1 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049423

Would still file a local police report for animal abuse. This is totally unacceptable.

5 3 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049416

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please call our customer support at (888-824-7257) so we can look into this further. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make things right.

1 5 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049428

I know what you can do. Take care of your freaking animals.

3 2 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049369

For a blind dog that had to be traumatizing for it. Total negligence on their part. That is horrible. I will never use them for sure. Prayers for Lola.

4 3 Reply

Oct 17, 2015 #1049918 San Antonio, Texas

You are so kind. Thank you for your prayers.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.