1.3
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

Every time I go into this store I go see the bearded dragons.3 of the times there has been a baby dragon laying waiting to die.

The staff is not very nice and seem like they don't want to do there jobs. I was in the store tonight and of course I went to see the baby dragons and one of them was laying in sand not opening eyes did not look like he was breathing very well. A staff member walked by and I stopped him and asked if the baby was ok cause he didn't seem to be doing well. He came and looked and said he is ok he likes laying like that cause of the heating pad under the sand...

So there is a few things wrong with that situation but he walked away to help someone. When he came walking back I asked to hold the baby dragon and he got him out put him in my hand. The baby wouldn't open his eyes then I said he isn't breathing so he took him from me and said he is but took him to the back. I didn't see him again before I left and the lady in front check out said he was busy.

I explained what had just happened and told her I will be back to talk to management and I will call corporate again. So sand is not ok for baby bearded dragons it can cause impaction and a heating pad is a huge no no due to the fact that beardies don't feel heat through their belly. Heat pads can burn them and it is not ever ok. Having multiple bearded dragons housed in same habitat also is not ok.

They can become aggressive and start trying to show dominance by bitting off toes, tails, fingers. They are solitary reptiles. How is it that a chain company that claims animals are what they are all about not have the common sense to research the animals they sell and find out the proper way to take care of them. My heart hurts for all the fur babies and reptile babies that suffer in that place until they are taken to a forever home in hopes they will be happy and not die from the lack of knowledge and stupidity that a pet store doesn't have...

anyway yes that baby dragon died in my hand and if I could have taken the other 9 to save them I would have . I have 5 already that I've rescued from a pet store that claims they are all about the pets.

But even if I rescued thoes 10 more would be back in same situation tomorrow.Please don't listen to petco when it comes to the care of your babies they are uneducated and just guess the best they can!!

Review about: Lizard.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

Petco

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we appreciate the feedback. Please contact our Customer Support at 1 888 824-7257 so that we can have our team look into this and address accordingly.

to Petco #1377052

I've called the number and I have messaged corporate.Nothing has been done.

Then to top it off I spent 60.00 on a bearded dragon Friday from your company because I did not want him to die..your company is housing and caring for the bearded dragons all wrong a long with most other of your animals.