Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

I purchased a baby hamster 3 months ago for my niece for Christmas at the PETCO in VIRGINIA BEACH on princess anne road and today it is DEAD.WHY?!?!

At this point my niece is so distraught. Crying herself to sleep, doesn't want to go to school. So I go up to the store to see if there is anything they can do for me. surprisingly the store associate who sold me the hamster was there, her name is Lyndsey and she is SOOO nice and helpful.

I ask her about hibernation for hamsters because Sky(the hamster) wasn't stiff, not cold to the bone, etc. So she's checking her out with me trying to see if there's something we can do storewise, (New hamster/refund) and she calls another employee by the name of Rachel who is just rude. "Hamsters don't hibernate they're nocturnal." trying to argue back and fourth with us on hibernation. she confirms Sky is dead and that she will NOT give me another hamster for my niece.

She goes and asks another guy by the name of MIKE. and she says he says No too because it's not in a 30 day period. She also tells me they get their hamsters from breeders, so there is no telling how long they will live for. So I asked Lyndsey for corporates phone number and I give them a call, and they tell me there is nothing CORPORATE can do, only the store.

SO WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT OF CORPORATE OFFICES IF THEY CANNOT OVERRIDE STORE DECISIONS !?!?!?!?! point is... DO NOT BUY FROM PETCO, THERE IS NO TELLING WHO THESE ANIMALS CAME FROM WHERE THEY CAME FROM WHAT KIND OF ILLNESSES THEY HAVE HOW OLD THEY ARE AND WHEN THEY'RE BABIES AND DIE AND YOU'RE CHILDREN/NIECES/NEPHEWS ARE SO UPSET AND DESTRAUGHT THEY DON'T EVEN GIVE A ***!!!!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN SPARE A $14 DOLLAR *** HAMSTER TO MEND MY BABY'S HEART.

*** YOU PETCO. I WILL NEVER BE SHOPPING HERE AGAIN !! ps: I WILL BE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NOT SHOP HERE.

YOU HORRIBLE COMPANY.PETSMART ALL DAY ***

Review about: Hamster.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

They are not just going to give you another hamster for you to kill.

I agree with the first poster you clearly gave your a niece a responsibility she was not ready for.Suppose the Hamster wasn't sick but got sick in your niece's care she may not have been able to tell it was sick before hand.

I'm not saying its your fault and seeing a child hurting is madding but its not Petco's fault either since there is no burden of proof where the Hamster got sick.Rather then lash out in anger hug your niece close when you see her and remind her that her Hamster has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and she will see him/her again.

Three months is well outside the two week guarantee. Also, don't purchase baby animals as a gift, especially for a child. Baby animals are much higher maintenance and that much more difficult to keep alive.

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1317549

Forget to take your meds today?You may not realize it, but pets---actually, all animals and plants---die and for various, unknown reasons sometimes.

Sit down, dry your eyes and do take your medication.You will then calm down.

to rollo2016 Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1317560

I would actually LOVE to take medication. Sadly im a normal individual... Ive had many animals including hamsters as a child and experienced many many deaths so you're commentary is no help....if you can refer me to an anger management place then thatd be great though !!!