Carle Place, New York
4.3K views

went to petco store buy a fish feeder, saw it on the rack for 19.99 and checked their website on my iphone and same item was listed for 15.99. At the register i showed cashier my iphone of Petco website with the 15.99 price as he said store policy is they wouldn't match the price they list on their own website .After i left the store i called Petco customer service and they told me that their stores don't match Petco website prices but they would match the price from a store other than Petco.Told customer service thats insane and wouldn't be shopping at Petco again Thanks

Review about: Petco Cashier.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

King County, Washington, United States #1143738

I understand why companies don't price match their online prices, but most local companies that have online ordering, also offer free shipping if you either spend X amount of money or if you choose to have your items shipped to store and you pick it up once your order arrived.But Petco doesn't offer free ship to store, I am so tired of having to run to my local Kent store, only to find that what I need isn't sold or is out of stock at that store, so I run to Covington only it has all but , one item, so I go to the Federal Way store finely I got all 5 items that I needed.

I would have it shipped to home, but I work 2 jobs and volunteer at a hound rescue.

I don't want "merchandise", laying on the front porch all day/night.Why can't they offer ship to store just like any other online/local retailer?

I fully understand your frustration on this matter.Same thing happened to me at Walmart, went to buy a tablet and they wouldn't match their own online price...

Ridiculous!!! A store that claims to match or beat any price out there (except their own evidently). Insane! Seriously trying to make sense of this.

So, the online shopping is a free shipping to store of your choice I.e. the one that I'm standing in. The other option is free shipping to my home, in either case it is going to cost them extra shipping to get the same product that I'm holding in my hands at their own store!!! I don't have a business degree but...

just saying.

Sam Walton must be turning in his grave on this one!!@

They are simply suck.I stop shop at the Petco as well.

Saw the hammock for betta on the Amazon for 2.99 but they didn't want to do the price match.

I'm going home and DIY the hammock from my old/broken suction cup and broken decorative leaf.My betta love it, thanks petco save my money but never going back.

All you have to do is look up their policy or call beforehand and you would have saved yourself some trouble. I don't particularly like their policy, but the are up front about.

I, too, have given up on PETCO.Found a store that matched dog food prices with Amazon on two occasions but not on my third visit.

They ought to make the manager present on my first two visits the CEO. Amazon offers Natural Balance Ultra Reduced Calorie for $44.43 including two day free delivery (with Prime).

The PETCO site wants to charge in excess of $58.Insane marketing and poor employee training

Cry about it. Neither will target or Walmart. Baby

to Joe dirt 1990 #988772

Target prices matches.And most dog food target sells is *** anyway (last I checked at least), so If you're feeding your dOg food from target or Walmart maybe u should do some more research on dog food.

And I agree Petco should match prices.

I haven't bought my food from there in a year because of a $20 difference in price.I'll go there for little things like bones and treats and sometimes toys, but never food.

to Joe dirt 1990 #1143750

Actually technically, Walmart, Target, nor K-Mart honor their online prices, and FYI neither does Lowes or Home Depot, but ALL of these stores do offer ordering online with FREE ship to store pick up with no minimum dollar amount for the free delivery. And a funnier tundrum is that most of them won't /don't honor their own online prices, but if you order it online choose to pickup in store, many of the stores offer free Same Day pickup, (depending on the time of day, sometimes if you order something after 6 or 7 pm, it won't be ready until the next day. When ordering online I try to choose Ship to store, because I am rarely home

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #752876

Had the same issue...an aquarium heater that lists for $35.24 on the Petco website is $59.99 in the store!

Talked to manager, they said they can't match their own price because of bla bla bla... still standing in the store, looked it up on Petsmart's website - $39.99. Called the closest Petsmart, asked if it's in stock, yes, asked if price in store is same as website, yes, left & went to Petsmart.

Will NEVER shop at Petco again.Thieves.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States #730865

I will not use Petco again, I always check online so I know what things are going to cost, I went in the store counting on paying one amount, it was 20$ more, I will never shop there again, it's ridiculous they do not honor what they advertise?????

I will go to Petsmart from now on, they do, I am not asking about another vendor, I am talking about Petco.com