State College, Pennsylvania

I had an appalling interaction with the manager of the State College PA Petco on February 10th. I questioned the tally of my receipt because the cans of cat food I picked up as a convenience, not what I went there to get, were charged more than double the price on the shelf.

The clerk couldn't correct the sale so the manager Dave was called. After being goose marched to the shelf and chastised for not getting on my hands and knees to read the fine print on the incorrectly placed label (with more cans behind it), I suffered an abusive check out process with slamming keys and undisguised hostility from Dave. personally. After several minutes of this, I asked that the sale be voided and re entered with only one can of the mispriced food and the rest of my purchase.

We are talking about less than $2 but by now, I was mad. When I got home I realized that this barbarian manager charged me for 2 cans at full price and put only one in my bag. I could find no customer support on line so I wrote a 2 page letter to which I have received no response as of today, nearly a month later.

This is just my warm up post.

Its going to FB next and then to all my animal pet sitting clients.

I intend for the local Petco to lose more than one customer over this. No one should be treated like I was.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Manager.

Preferred solution: Send someone to the store to observe this manager and let me know when he has been terminated. Refund my .60 over charge. APPOLOGISE!.

Petco Pros: Floor clerks were helpful and friendly.

Petco Cons: Manager was beyond inappropriate.

Comments

Petco
#1122076

Hi there. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we'd like to help.

Please call our customer support (888-824-7257) so we can look into this further. Thank you and we look forward hearing from you.