Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I only wanted him shaped up and not shaved to where you can see his pink skin they did the exact opposite his privates was cut,piece of his ear cut off l can't observe cause he won't let me touch him, his hair was uneven a lot of hair was left in places.They lied and said they called me when they didn't he went at 1pm and left at 6pm I think they was waiting till it stopped bleeding before I come.

When I got there the manager and groomer were talking in the back room they saw me and panicked like they was trying to get their story together then after finally coming out they tried to tell me they didn't finish his cut because she cut his ear.

Don't the body get cut then the head so thats a lie then the manager was unsympathetic she looked at me while I was crying with no compassion she wasn't going to fix the problem until I told her I was calling the 1-800 # look at the pics everyone!I will NEVER go back there.......

Review about: Petco Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: How my dog was handled.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

They would be owing me some money, I hope u didnt pay them...Take them to Court...thats exactly what I've would have done...They need to get out of business!!Poor Baby.....So Sorry for what u r going thru...I am a animal lover and I would really be ready to whip someones A..

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #931473

I'm so sorry for your puppy and I know as a fur mom it breaks your heart so badly. Is he better?

New York, New York, United States #929876

Omg I am so sorry they did that to your dog.I use to work at Petco in grooming.

All the groomers care about is money they do up to 10 dogs a day ( 8 hour day 10 dogs you can do the math). Dogs get hurt they say nothing I am so happy I no longer work for Petco. I got laid off for saying something about the way the grooming manager handled dogs.

If you work there you better keep your mouth shut.Find a local independent shop they give more care and charge much less.

shanda504
Houston, Texas, United States #911167

No one has called or emailed me yet proving what everyone is saying that Peco can careless about it's customers and their pets!

Petco
San Diego, California, United States #908408

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please call our customer support (888-824-7257) so that our team can investigate this incident?

to Petco State College, Pennsylvania, United States #1156498

I know this was 2 years ago but that dog was brutalized and butchered!!!You're a chain, and this tells me your training for groomers sucks!

If you train them at all. If you had done this to one of my dogs I'd have you in court so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. You should be ashamed Petco. Wtf was this groomer doing anyway?

Even if the dog hadn't had part of it's ear cut off and it's *** sliced, the cut itself, well it's not a cut, that groomer took shears on the lowest setting and scalped that dog! That's what they did, they just went down to skin and started shearing like a sheep! Well made up my mind to not only never get my dogs groomed or bathed at my local Petco but I will never set foot in one of your stores again!

I have saved these photos and will plaster them everywhere I can!!!!I will make it my mission that no one I meet ever will take their dog to a Petco!!!