GROOMNG IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I brought my puppy here for his first groom because they only charge $25.00.

Well you know the saying...you get what you pay for. The groomer that did my pup was Diana, the grooming manager! Okay, she said that after she bathed my pup, he pooped and then rolled in it and had to rebathe him. I suspect it happened in the drying crate.

She probably left him there without any reassurance, and he probably got scared S**T, pardon the pun. When she told me she did not seem to be annoyed, but when she handed my pup over to me and I examined my pup, I knew she was! 1) She didn't shave his face and paws as I had requested. I told her and she said oh right, I forgot.

I observed her from the window as she took the buzzer and began to work on his face, of course this being his first time, he was hesitant and resistant, Diana looked very annoyed and went back to get someone to hold him, she never introduced him to the sound and feeling of the buzzer prior to buzzing him, and she didn't do a good job of it, his muzzle was all uneven and I had to ask her to get under his chin as well. Still did a horrible job, my pup now has uneven hair on his muzzle, and it looked better before she touched it. She made it look worse. 2) She didn't even bother to clean his ears!

I was shocked when I looked at them, heck if I was able to do it I wouldn't have brought him there. The chunks of hair inside his ears were not touched, and there was ear *** all over. She was on the phone and told the person she was talking to that she was almost done with this customer, to which I stated...no your not....you didn't clean his ears...she replied once again, oh sorry I forgot. She stated she would take him in the back (the room with the mirrored door that you can't see into) for some unknown reason.

A short time later she returned and told me to watch one ear because there was a lot of stuff in it and it had a slight order which could mean sign of infection, so much for the "7-Point Pet Care Check" which was not done automatically. Besides I have never been to a groomer that did not groom the ears! 3) When I got home, I noticed that she did not even clean his paw pads nor clip his nails! This was supposed to be part of the service, not to mention I asked her to shave his paws on top and she didn't do that either.

4) She did not clean his wee wee! Another thing I have never seen a groomer not do! I complained to the store and they offered me 15% off. Heck they should not have even charged me the extra $15.00 for the services that were not done at all or the ones that were not done properly.

Needless to say, I did not tip her, nor will I be going back anytime soon!

My advice.. stay away!

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Dog Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Grooming service, Groom, Follow up from manager.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 20, 2017.

Comments

Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your recent grooming experience.

We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and recommend reaching out to the store leader so we can make things right. Thank you!