Hickory, North Carolina
1.2
Layout of Store

I have had a pretty bad experience with petco. I have purchased guinea pigs through this store and I have to return them within a few days so they can go to the vets office.

(I repurchase them after they are seen and treated). One of my guinea pigs has had to be returned a total of 4 times. Each time she was in their "care" for over two weeks and would come home with the same issues she went in for. The animals they receive and sell have so many health issues because the breeders they purchase the animal from, does not care about the health of the animal.

This week my boyfriend decided to give petco a try and purchase me some goldfish as an early Easter gift. He bought me three fish, in less than 24 hours two of them died. The next day we returned them and got two new ones. In less than 40 hours they died too.

I had a tank set up with water purchased from the store, the tank had a filter, and bought everything suggested by a petco employee. This company disgusts me in how little they care about their animals.

Also their employees most of the time are horrible. They do not know anything about the animals and products they sell.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Petco Cons: Poor customer service, Staff, Employees, How animals were handled, How employees cared for my pets.

• Animals Health

Comments

Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about your experience, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please call our customer support (888-824-7257) so that we can look into this further.

We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes.