Wheaton, Illinois
Resolved

Petco is selling house plants, Dracaena, Spathiphyllum (aka Peace Lily), Ophiopogon, Trichomanes and Syngonium as aquatic plants. I had purchased a pot with 2 Dracaena and2 Spathiphyllum.

I was curious as to what they were and googled them, all of them were house plants and some had toxicity to animals. The Peace Lily contains calcium oxalate crystals, which can cause skin irritation, a burning sensation in the mouth, difficulty swallowing, and nausea. I have to hand feed my spoiled German Blue Rams so every day since I have stuck my hand in the tank, no wonder why I was getting those rashes. I find selling these items as true aquatic plants is unethical.

I returned all the plants with no issues.

I told the lady they were in fact house plants and I wasn't happy about it. I asked for my cup back and she said, "I'll be right back, I need to get these back in the water over by aquatics." This store in general has a lack of diligence.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments