Cleveland, Ohio
2.5
Layout of Store

I ordered some items for my dog and they're too small.I hate returning things, but dog winter gear that doesn't fit has to be replaced so I sent in an online inquiry through Customer Service asking if I could return/ exchange the items at a local store. While most companies I've sent emails to respond within a day or two, it took Petco at least a week, meanwhile the return clock is ticking.

Since I hadn't heard back from Customer service, I drove to a local store in Mentor Ohio with the only "receipt" provided which is a packing slip with no prices or payment information. The store manager (I assume she was the manager) was polite, but explained that she has no way of knowing what I paid so I have to log into Petco.com and provide a copy of my invoice...and she could not do that for me. I then went home and looked up the instructions for in-store returns which instructed me to click on a link that did not exist on my page...I then searched for additional instructions and eventually saw instructions that if the order was placed before a certain date (a date that was only a few weeks previous to my accessing the site), one had to contact Customer Service to get a receipt. I then called Customer Service and was on hold for 30 minutes before I disconnected.

At some point in my online session I was offered a survey which I completed. At the end of the survey I was asked if I would like for a manager to call me and I replied yes. Some days later when I was at work I received a VM saying this is Grace calling from Petco and suggested I call back at 888-824-7257 and provide reference 6530769. I have since called that number 2 times and held for 30 minutes each time before disconnecting and then called a 3rd time and just left the phone on speaker for an hour while I cleaned my kitchen, never to be answered and listening to the incessant recording about how much my time is valued and assuring me that a representative will be answering in a moment.

The worst part of it was knowing that when/if a representative did answer, I'd been instructed to provide the reference number and then potentially hold again for a manager. Not worth it for a $57 order, but a lesson learned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Petco Cons: Poor customer service, Run around.

Comments

1 month and still nothing from Petco.

11 days later and still no call from Petco.

bear650

I appreciate the fast reply(s) from Petco, but each asks for me to call the number that I listed in my post as impossible to get through to. I have provided the Petco reference number which should enable Petco Customer Support to reach out to me and I also provided my name, phone number and email to Pissed Consumer when I posted in the section to have the business contact me. After two and a half hours (collectively) on hold at the 888-824-7257 number I will not be calling it again.

Petco

Hi there. We're sorry to hear that, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please call our customer support team at (888-824-7257) so that our team can look into this situation further?

We appreciate your feedback on this and we look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.