I visited the Petco located in Conroe yesterday.I asked for a Lion's Mane for my Pom.
But I said specifically that I did NOT want his fur trimmed down to his skin. I asked for a a short coat to be left. I also wanted his nails trimmed and buffed. He was in their kennels for 4 hours before they finally got to him.
When I picked him up I almost started crying right then and there. He had absolutely NO fur left on his body. The lady that groomed him told me that what I had asked for was not communicated to her and that she could give me $5 off. I told them that I was completely unhappy and that was not acceptable and I should not have to pay for something I did not ask for.
I went inside to talk to a manager. While I was talking to him I noticed his nails had not been clipped. So back we went to have that done. At that point they started degrading me by telling me that my pet was a biter and has fleas...LIES.
I explained to them my pet was totally an inside dog. He is potty pad trained and NEVER goes outside of my apartment. They began to tell me how apartments are notorious for fleas. OMG!!!
I was so pissed off I was shaking. Back to the manager. After all was said and done I paid $26 instead of $56 but still feel like I have been completely wronged. After I got home I spent the weekend trying to get rid of fleas from his body.
I read in Pom book that taking trimming a Pom down to his skin can damage his hair follicles and that his hair could possibly not ever look the same as before.
Neddless to say, I am very upset and will NEVER go to Petco again.I will tell everyone I know about my horrible experience and will NEVER recommend Petco to anyone.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Grooming Services
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."
- "DO NOT GO TO GRANT, The rude groomer manager, that gave us an awful attitude, and a lame excuse for a lion haircut for our pomeranian, left him looking ridiculous,..."
- "This is a long but detailed story, so before I begin below is only a PARTIAL LIST of what Myloh and I experienced at Wonder Lake Veterinary Clinic with Dr...."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "I have been restricted to Suddenlink service since moving here 2+ years ago. I have NEVER seen the speeds promised. Trying to upload or download!. Trying to watch a "Pay..."
- "Jared Douglous, v.p of J.S.C known as job shop connection, off polok dr, conroe tx is not at all a machine shop. This company is poorly managed and bends the..."