I visited the Petco located in Conroe yesterday.I asked for a Lion's Mane for my Pom.
But I said specifically that I did NOT want his fur trimmed down to his skin. I asked for a a short coat to be left. I also wanted his nails trimmed and buffed. He was in their kennels for 4 hours before they finally got to him.
When I picked him up I almost started crying right then and there. He had absolutely NO fur left on his body. The lady that groomed him told me that what I had asked for was not communicated to her and that she could give me $5 off. I told them that I was completely unhappy and that was not acceptable and I should not have to pay for something I did not ask for.
I went inside to talk to a manager. While I was talking to him I noticed his nails had not been clipped. So back we went to have that done. At that point they started degrading me by telling me that my pet was a biter and has fleas...LIES.
I explained to them my pet was totally an inside dog. He is potty pad trained and NEVER goes outside of my apartment. They began to tell me how apartments are notorious for fleas. OMG!!!
I was so pissed off I was shaking. Back to the manager. After all was said and done I paid $26 instead of $56 but still feel like I have been completely wronged. After I got home I spent the weekend trying to get rid of fleas from his body.
I read in Pom book that taking trimming a Pom down to his skin can damage his hair follicles and that his hair could possibly not ever look the same as before.
Neddless to say, I am very upset and will NEVER go to Petco again.I will tell everyone I know about my horrible experience and will NEVER recommend Petco to anyone.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Grooming Services
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "Vile excuse for a business that's supposed to be providing "therapeutic" services but, instead is self-serving, inhumane and callous. Brutally trapped and killed a group of feral cats in..."
- "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Do not take your pets to PetCo in Harker Heights for grooming services. I took my great pyreness mix there to get..."
- "My wife who has cancer Was on puppy find,found this puppy for 1200 with shipping 1400 seller called from (503-401-1117) I asked for photos and after tell me it was..."
- "Dear all concerns, I want to complaint the staff at Mattress one. This branches is near Walmart in Conroe Texas 77304. His name is Brendon. I and my husband purchased..."
- " Me and my wife purchased a bedroom set from Ashley furniture and With that said we purchased upholstered bench. first..."
- "Here's my experience:January 29th, 2013: Did taxes on via Turbotax, when asked where I wanted the deposit to go I made a big ***king mistake and checked the box..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."