Verified Reviewer

5.0

I am an Instacart shopper and I was picking products as a customer in one of the Petco stores (Store Number #2780) earlier today. One of the staff in the store gave me a really unpleasant and discriminated shopping experience.

Also, this is my first time at the Petco chain store.

I was asking Katie for help to find the Aquarium River Rock Gravel because there were numerous types and colors of gravel. When we walked together towards the aisle, she asked me whether I was shopping for others as an Instacart shopper. I replied with a positive answer to the question, then her attitude changed immediately. She said, "That's not my job to help you.

It's your job". I reassessed the statement in my mind, and I felt like I was discriminated against and differentiated from other regular customers.

From this specific experience, I would assume that Petco discriminates against people who are not shopping for themselves, especially Instacart shoppers. I expected that employees with the Petco uniforms are representing the image of the company. Nevertheless, another employee Adam helped me to deescalate the situation.

I would like to compliment Adam for his professional action in this email.

Last but not least, I request a formal apology from Katie through email.

I suggest the brand Petco should provide communication training to the specific employee through the store manager, in order to avoid further damage to Petco's professional reputation. Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing back from the support.

Location: Ocala, Florida