220 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME 04106, USA
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

Brought my dog to be groomed at petco. Told them she has dry skin so paid for the more expensive oatmeal treatment.

All seemed to go well until she broke out was itching like crazy.. went to the vet had to get antibiotics and special shampoo. Petco offered me to use the self wash which I tried thinking that would be ok. Nope same thing happened.

After that when I asked for help figuring out what product of theirs is causing this (never happened with anything else) they treated me very poorly.. was offered no help what so ever. Did not receive a phone call from management like they said they would do..

pretty much just pushing it off on whoever so nobody actually would have to help: / so we are now switching from the whole hearted petco brand and instead of going there a few times a week we will be looking for a better friendlier pet place! We live in southern Maine so if anybody has any suggestions let me know!

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Dog Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Petco

Hi there. Would you please email us at ReviewSupport@petco.com with your contact information and store location (including city and state) so we can have our team look into this? Thank you.

Why do you think there is a problem with something Petco did when the shampoo the vet gave you had the same results?

@Anonymous

Guess I didn’t say it right.. well was shortening it to a brief description of everything that took place but no it was not the vet antibiotic shampoo it was the product that comes out of the water in the self wash.

All in all it was just irritating when I asked for help figuring out what product is in their stuff that is not in any other shampoo I’ve used they didn’t call me and when I finally just went in they were kind of rude..

well made me very uncomfortable which is why I chose to re locate to another pet place. Just the personal experience!