Nice that Petco has helped some get service dogs, but my service dog Doggie was injured at a Petco and now cannot work. I have been left without a working partner. The vet said he may recover but is going to need a lot of retraining. Petco you could have cared, but you just sent it to a claims adjuster that is only interested in medical bills and vet bills. What you do not seem to care about is that I now have lost use of the only life line I had to get me out into the community. I am devastated. I worked my tail off for 17 months to train my American Dingo, only to lose use of him in 17 minutes at Petco in the hands of a groomer. Make it right Petco, help me fix my dog. Here are some of the task that he learned for me with a couple he was working on.
Cross trained for several disabilities here are SOME of the things Doggie learned the last 17 months...
1. Puts himself between me and other people to keep an open area around me and alleviate anxiety, and protect from being bumped into due to brittle bones.
2. Tucks in against me when symptoms of Complex PTSD manifest
3. Touches me helping with dissociation, to bring me back to an aware state.
4. Stays with me when dissociated for my safety.
5. Trained to push me out of the way of unsafe drivers and electric cars I cannot hear.
6. Tells me when to make meals, I forget to eat.
7. Balance and counter balance work.
8. Pulls my wheelchair.
9. Wakes me from nightmares associated with PTSD.
10. Makes me get up and move around when I get obsessed on something.
11. Assists going up and down stairs and rough terrain.
12. Brings me toys to play with when depression sets in.
13. Is learning to alert me when my voice is too loud. I have trouble with that.
14. Is learning to push the button, like on a door or crosswalk
15. Safely takes me across streets and finds the crosswalk button.
18. Rides in elevators.
19. Goes in public bathrooms.
20. Shops and stands in lines like at the grocery and other stores.
21. Goes through automatic doors.
22. Stands back while I open doors.
23. Will shop with me with a shopping cart.
24. Lays under table at restaurants and soup kitchens.
25. Signals me with a bark when a situation gets too stressful for me in public, so I can use it as an excuse to leave and go outside
26. Stands and watches without sound or trying to chase wildlife as I take photos and videos, alert for danger to take me away from it.
27. Has an uncanny sense of who to steer clear of on public streets and places thus keeping me out of danger which many times I was unaware of.
28. Can get help if needed at home.
29. Tells me when my blood sugar is low.
30. Checks out the house when we get home.
MAKE IT RIGHT PETCO...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Petco Groomers
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized. The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for..."
- "I Got Ripped Off By Rudy Vigil @ West Texas Big Bullies ------------------------------------------------ />This is the orginial post from The Dirty South Bully Boards POSTED BY RUDY VIGIL at WEST..."
- "I took my dog to petco today in south Jordan Utah. It was 2 pm I had to call at 6 pm to see what is going on they said..."
- "Nice that Petco has helped some get service dogs, but my service dog Doggie was injured at a Petco and now cannot work. I have been left without a working..."
- "So I dont have any problem with great value. But I have no other way to describe what came out of this corn chips bag...other than a massive blog of..."
- "bought to cover my boat. First rain storm cover collopsed the little pegs pulled out of the ground. I reset the post and tied them to trees to hold the..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."