I took my puppy in to be groomed at PetCo thinking that because of the high cost I would have no problems and that my poodle would be properly done.They butchered him, they cut him in 4 places on his stomach, told me he was severly matted (he was groomed at PetsMart less than one month prior and he is totally and indoor dog except to go potty).
They did not clean the hair out of his ears, they did not shave his feet, but they took the clippers and they stripped him down when I told them I wanted "fluffy." His coat was so whacked and not even that I had to contact another groomer and have him taken in just to shave him down completely so that when he grows back out he will grow out evenly. It was the worst experience ever. I was told by a groomer that used to work at PetCo that it is not about the quality of your dog and they charge for every little thing they do. They just like to run them in and run them out.
I will not step foot into a place like that ever. The only great thing is I found a professional groomer that will take special care of my little puppy. I told them exactly what I wanted. I hope this will save another dog from such an experience.
My dog goes to the groomer every 4 weeks, because we like him fluffy and don't want him matted.
PetsMart did a better job, but I recommend a personal groomer in place of a large corporation.Best of luck to other pet owners in the future.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Grooming Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you are ever in the search for an American Bully, Pitbull style dog DO NOT get one from Christopher Thornton at Bayou Bully Kennels in Minden, Louisiana. He..."
- "Best breeder in michigan she will ship the dogs or use a carrier if you can't make it in person . She is doing and amazing job with the puppies..."
- "Titus now Winston (Labradoodle) is 4 years old now still an amazing service dog and a great help to me. He is 104 lbs and helps me up when i..."
- "I ordered a pallet of sod and told them to put the pallet in the middle of the driveway as the house was a vacant investment property that I was..."
- "I was using my TORO 51592 blower when it started to catch on fire and possibly electrocute me. I called the company and spoke to supervisor Liz and does not..."
- "1) The dryer never shuts off, even if I select a timed dry. I have to set a personal timer, and go manually shut it off otherwise it just stays..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."