I took my puppy in to be groomed at PetCo thinking that because of the high cost I would have no problems and that my poodle would be properly done.They butchered him, they cut him in 4 places on his stomach, told me he was severly matted (he was groomed at PetsMart less than one month prior and he is totally and indoor dog except to go potty).
They did not clean the hair out of his ears, they did not shave his feet, but they took the clippers and they stripped him down when I told them I wanted "fluffy." His coat was so whacked and not even that I had to contact another groomer and have him taken in just to shave him down completely so that when he grows back out he will grow out evenly. It was the worst experience ever. I was told by a groomer that used to work at PetCo that it is not about the quality of your dog and they charge for every little thing they do. They just like to run them in and run them out.
I will not step foot into a place like that ever. The only great thing is I found a professional groomer that will take special care of my little puppy. I told them exactly what I wanted. I hope this will save another dog from such an experience.
My dog goes to the groomer every 4 weeks, because we like him fluffy and don't want him matted.
PetsMart did a better job, but I recommend a personal groomer in place of a large corporation.Best of luck to other pet owners in the future.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Grooming Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I just received an email from a Boston lawyer with regards to my dog's broken leg that happened while being groomed at Pet co in Needham Ma. My claim was..."
- "The Hamsters,gerbils,Guinea pigs,mice and rats are not being taking care of.There was no food in at least 3 habitats.I told the Manager Jen Brown and she basically did not care.I..."
- "We have had a Petco Pals Reward card for nearly 6 months.We shop there frequently and spend A LOT of money. I have never been able to access my Pals Rewards...."
- "I wish I had found this site BEFORE we got ripped off by AC. We are staring at a busted $1500 range with no idea when or if we..."
- "I was using my TORO 51592 blower when it started to catch on fire and possibly electrocute me. I called the company and spoke to supervisor Liz and does not..."
- "1) The dryer never shuts off, even if I select a timed dry. I have to set a personal timer, and go manually shut it off otherwise it just stays..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."