New York, New York

Dog Grooming Salon-Full Service Bath(*** Tsu) on 2-3-08. Had 11Am app't, arrived on time, told to come back in 3 hours.

Arrived at 2Pm, dog ready. Asked receptionist about bathing process and she stated "we wash it and put it in a cage to dry". Was shocked at this statement. Left immediately.

Confusion about which leash and collar belonged to me dog. I would think these should be marked. When I got to my vehicle I realized there was animal *** on the handle of my leash. Sent e-mail to Petco on 2-3-08, no reply as of 2-l7-08.

Location of store, Route 9(South Road),Poughkeepsie,NY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.

Comments

The store location was Montclair ca.

Worst place!!! To shop for pet supplies, Employees are clueless abt everything.

Did. They get Any training? Never, again i rather go to petsmart!! Now i realize .

Why its called petsmart!!! :(

Ferrets,Hamsters,Gerbils,Mice,Rats,Birds,Reptiles,Fish,are these not animals?

To Freebird: Petco does not sell dogs or cats. I think you have them confused with Petland.

There will never be a situation that the corporate people at PetCo.will respond to as long as the share holders are being fed.Animals will continue to be sold for profit and the short term entertainment of anyone who wants to buy them.It is an ugly industry that really should be stopped.

@Freebird

A good example of horrible customer service can be witnessed at the Poulsbo Wa. location.The store manager is the worst I have ever seen.She really does not seem to care about her job,how does she keep it?

@Freebird

Its privately owned freebird.... There aren't any share holders...

ALL I CAN SAY PETCO SUCKS.

ALL I CAN SAY PETCO SUCKS.......DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR DOG THERE FOR GROOMING. THE LADY WHO WORKS THERE IS VERY RUDE.

I TALKED TO THE MANAGER AND HE IS EVEN RUDE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE CUSTOMER COMPLAINT. I AM NOT HAPPY FOR MY DOG HAIRCUT SO I DECIDED TO GO BACK AND I WANT THEM TO GIVE MORE CUT TO MY DOG INSTEAD OF TO HELP ME START YELLING AT ME AND TELLING OK YOU WILL NEED TO PAY EXTRA. I PAID $70.

ALREADY AND CHARGING ME AGAIN FOR MISS COMMUNICATION. I LIVE IN A VERY SMALL COMMUNITY THOUGHT WE WILL BE HAPPY THAT PETCO IS HERE BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE PEOPLE GO BACK TO WHE FISHE HELP YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS.

i brought my 6 yr old pekegenese to PetCo to be groomed and when they gave her back she had *** all over her. That was the least of my worries.

Within less than 24 hours my dog became severley ill, throwing up non stop, bloody diarrhea, extreamley weak, and has not ate one thing since shes been back from PetCo. The Vet gave her 3 different shots and meds and she has only gotten worse. The vet said her illness was contracted from another animal or pets *** and the only time she was ever around any other animal or in an environment where she could have contracted this illness was at PetCo being groomed. And she was the healthiest dog alive until taking her to get groomed at PetCo.

Also from the time she left PetCo to the time she got sick (the next morning less than 24 hours) was the most susceptible time she could have caught this virus. Its been three days and she has not improved, only got worse.

I wanted to write this so all the other animal lovers out there can learn from our lesson. :(

my sister, brother, and dad went today to adopt a little kitten, and since my brother was acting a bit ***, the lady who was giving info on the cats started to argue to my dad about 'You can't get a cat/kitten anymore.'

I understand why she said that, its just she sounded a bit rude there. My dad just said 'Excuse me for trying to give a cat a home, I am not sorry about how my son is acting, since you the one telling US that we can't get a 'loving' cat a nice simple home.'

She just started yelling at my dad, and pointing fingers again. My dad finally gave up on the crazy *** lady and left. Don't you think you would've gone 'godzilla' on them, if you have waited over a month to finally get a freaking cat, my sister then started crying, and now we have to get one online. This time, we can't actually see the cat and how it behaves to 4-9 year olds.

Thanks alot petco :(

fyi petco policy does not allow us to groom cats that are over 10 becuase grooming can be stressful to the cat and that can cause the cat to die!! its not because they dont want to groom your cat!!

its because we are not allowed to.

the person that made the appointment should have asked how old your cat was and explained it over the phone. the reason they would not groom your cat was for the safety of the cat not just because they did not want to groom it!!!

I took my inherited cat there this am for grooming. 8 AM apt, was not let in until 8:03, then waited for computer to warm up and another person to check in before the CAT WAS REFUSED due to age.

As I explained, the age on the rabies certificate was my husband's GUESS as we inherited the cat when my aunt in CA died. She got the cat in 2004. They don't want to groom any cat over 9 years old. The cat was used to being groomed in CA but this was first trip here to groomer.

We had the rabies tag but the certificate said 11(a guess that my husband told the vet). We could not contact the vet as they were not yet open.

This was a big waste of time. If one has the required vaccinations, they should not discrimiate if the owner is willing to bring the animal in for grooming.

my mom has went to petco and her dog got a shot and when my moms dog got the shot it was a untrained teenager giving that poor dog the shot witch caused an allergic reaction and that kid had no idea what he was doing now my moms dog is at the vet staying over night i pray to god hes ok i cant belive that that kid works there i am just warning you to not get a shot from petco dont bring any kind of animal there they only care about their selves my mom also said can i get my dogs nails cut and they said you have to have a rabie shot and papers saying they did so that means they dont want to be bit but they dont care about your animal so please dont bring your animal to petco.

I have placed an order online at petco.com. I used their coupon code: "affreg", which should apply free shipping to the order.

Their website ACCEPTED the code and told me it will be applied at the END. It did NOT tell me that the item I ordered was on exclusion list! I truested their site and continued with the order. Free shipping was never applied and I was charged $10.99 for shipping.Customer service refused to refund.

I have emailed them and also spoke with customer service supervisor on the phone. His name he told me was Ray. He was rude and was kept telling me that it was my mistake that I continued with the order. He agreed that their website has a flaw that it accepts the code but it actualy doesn't.

He said I should have looked at the total final charges and not trusting the message that I was getting that the code was accepted. I told him that I will file complaint with FCC and BBB, to which he replied that he doesn't care.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I want my $10.99 refunded!