Pomona, California

Last month I brought my Australian Shepherd in to the grooming salon at our local Petco store. I have never brought any of my animals to the Petco Grooming salon, but my regular groomer has been very difficult to book with as they are extremely busy. When I came to pick my dog up, I wasn't entirely surprised that the grooming job was subpar, or that it was more expensive. I paid and left. The next day, my dog began to favor her left ear. Two days later she had a full blown ear infection. Despite my attempts to clean and care for the infection, by the time I got her to the vet the next week, the inside of her ear was basically a giant open sore.

My Vet confirmed my suspicions by saying it was most likely caused by soapy or unclean water getting into the ear.

I was, understandably, extremely angry. A trained groomer knows the importance of cleaning out the ears at the end of a groom, and a knowledgeable groomer would know that this is particularly vital with Australian Shepherds as they are susceptible to ear infections.

At the end of it all, that poor grooming job cost me $80 for the groom (plus tip), over $300 in vet fees/medicine, and my poor dog a large amount of pain.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.

Comments

Next time tell Petco and they will pay for it.

I am sorry the grooming service you received was unsatisfactory to your standards. Next time, please make your groomer or store manager aware of what was not done well.

So sorry to read that you and your poor dog suffered so from a grooming. I have heard many horrible stories about Petco grooming and would never take my dog to them.

I have a groomer that comes to our home and grooms our dog right in her fully equipped truck in front of our house.

I am on her schedule to come every month as we have a Maltese who requires a lot of grooming. It is well worth the extra cost then driving her to and from a groomer in the heat/or rain.