Pharr, Texas
Resolved

I took my little 3 year old Shih Tzu named Nina for a haircut, trim, and ear cutting. This was only the second time I have ever used PetCo for my little dog's treatment.

However, upon picking her up, the staff was rude and unprofessional. I saw that my pet, Nina, was in pain on her leg and sad (whimpering). She was bleeding and had cuts under both of her eyes with a lot more blood coming from under the right side. There is also a significant razor burn under her right thigh which causes her pain.

We love Nina and she still a living being. This is all besides the fact that we were charged $73 for a full size dog when she is not even 8 pounds and for services they did not provide and the staff is arrogant, impolite, unprofessional, and this PetCo has the most horrible customer service my family and I have ever seen. Every respectable pet owner needs to beware of this company.

It is no wonder that many private dog groomers do better. We have decided to never use this company again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

*** all!!! PetCo sucks and I tell that to everyone!

They never did pay for our dogs visit! I still have the vet contacting me for payment even after one year!

Then don't pay and demand to talk to the manager. Grow a pair.

@Anonymous

Just keep hiding behind your comments....and great job commenting on something from one year ago. Why don't you get a life?

@Anonymous

Look who's also hiding behind comments. It's the truth, she should have spoke up if she was unhappy with the service.

She should have brought the dog's injuries to a manager's attention and filed an incident report.

Also, she was really overcharged for the service, unless she requested additional services. There's actions she could have taken for what she claims to be a horrible experience, instead of writing angry reviews and doing nothing more.

Greetings, everyone

After several phone calls and working back and forth with PetCo, the organization paid for my pet to go to the doctor. However, this did take more than five weeks to work through.

Maybe the groomer was having a bad day that day and did not pay enough attention. We were not allowed to see the videos of how our pet was treated. The wounds healed on my poor Nina but I will be cautious where to take her next time. Overall, an owner needs to be attentive to where they take their pet so I will be scoping out places ahead of time before leaving my pet at a place.

You can take this review with satisfaction or dissatisfaction. It is an ambiguous result.

@Nina

Glad you were able to properly resolve the issue!

Petco
#891964

Can you please call our customer support at 888-824-7257 and provide the store location, the date this happened, and details related to what happened so our team can look into this further?