Brookhaven, New York
2.3
Additional Fees
Layout of Store

I worked in a Petco in ny. If you complain about how the manager grooms or any complaint at all.

They put in the computer. Do not take back. It's said that people can not take comments from customers and try to better them selves. I no longer work at Petco because I always said something and when you work there you better be a robot and do exactly what management says or they will not let you grow in the company and will fire you.

I am so much happier working in a private salon 80% of my customers came with me even though it's further , it's about 40% cheaper. They over charge dilute the shampoo to almost nothing to where it doesn't even lather on the dogs so they can save money. Charge for services not given. On a few occasions I witnessed my salon manager charge a customer 85$ to wash a cut her cat.

She have the cat a foam waterless bath ( that anyone can do the foam bath is 12$ at store you can buy bring home and do it yourself. ) never told the customer that's what she did, when customer picks cat up she says " I hope you don't mind he is alittle damp he didn't like the dryer. No he was a little damp because she just while you where paying rubbed the foam bath on him. I said something and they found a reason to right me up.

Managers are sleeping with employees , yelling at us in front of customers trying to make the employees feel like garbage. Every time I got called into the office I use to shake. My hands would tremble because I new how I was gonna be spoken to yet couldn't do anything about it if I wanted to keep my job. I loved my customers and their dogs so much I dealt with all of it.

Petco, petsmart all those big chains are bad. Shop local small shops. Go find a mom and pop local grooming salon. They treat your dogs with love and most are half the price of the big chains.

All Petco cares about is your numbers. How much money you make them. Everyday we had ( employees of grooming still do ) to fill out a grooming report. If we didn't bring in a certain amount of money a day ( mine was 280$) our jobs were threatened.

We were not allowed to decorate for holidays and had to just be robots working for the master. Your dogs are there about 3 hours. I can tell you they are only handled about an hour n half.

Rest of time they are in a kennel, because they have dogs coming in every half hour to an hour to satisfy corporate's money needs. Your dogs do not get one on one attention.

Comments

Pretty sure you also commented on my review but I worked in the salon at pittsfield store and this is all the same at the store where I was!!!!

Petco

We appreciate you for reaching out to us. Petco associates with concerns about the management of their store or a Human Resources policy may contact their Regional Human Resources Manager or contact the Petco Hotline at 1-888-736-9834.

The hotline is managed by an outside company and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All hotline calls are confidential and associates are not required to give their name.