PETCO's Negligence or Ignorance Cause my Dog's Death
On Jan.14th we took our 9-year-old English Bulldog for a bath only.
She had no health issues. Within 35-40 minutes from drop off time, Petco called and said we needed to pick Bella up, as she was having trouble breathing. (She was not breathing when we arrived at Petco.) Bella was rushed to vet across the street and could not be revived. The necropsy results say that her lungs collapsed due to a lack of oxygen!
She SUFFOCATED. Petco has refused to allow me to see the employee statements describing what happened and say that same are confidential due to possible litigation. I simply want to know what happened to my dog in the short time she was in Petco's care. If it is something that could be prevented, then I would ask Petco to train their staff accordingly or do not accept breeds that they cannot care for...
i.e., determining the signs of respiratory distress. I just feel that I have been lied to again and again then pawned off to the insurance carrier who is rude and horrible!!! I haven't made a claim. I just want answers.
My dog suffered a preventable disgusting death due to either the lack of knowledge of respiratory distress in bulldogs or simple negligence of not paying attention to her due to being busy with too many other things. I have prayed and prayed. I hope the silver lining in this tragedy is that another bulldog does not die due to the inexperience or negligence of groomers. I miss my Bella every day.
Research your groomers! When you check the pet in, ask groomer to described signs of respiratory distress.
Ask for the protocol for same.If the groomer can't give you the same answer your vet would, don't leave your dog!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Unprofessional Animal Service
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "Freddy was exactly one year old when i took him into Banfield in Midtown, Miami to get neutered. I picked him up after his surgery, and the doctor told me..."
- "This is how my pup came home. This groomer was nice but obviously didn't know what she was doing. My dog had never snapped at anyone and she said he..."
- " First a general complaint. I'm at the register chatting w another customer while paying for a few dog supplies for the new pitbull rescue that was arriving at..."
- "It was time to get my HOT HEADS renewed and I went to a Salon In Grapevine Texas. I paid 890 to have new extensions ordered and asked for the..."
- "We bought a living room set from Rooms To Go and before the warranty was out we had to have our couch replaced because the color was rubbing off. We..."
- "All I heard was "Corporate took away the numbing cream." It was because the technicians were using it all up as their get free treatments when at work. So when..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."