Featured Not resolved

Petco Needham Ma.7/4/13 Broke my greyhound's leg when grooming her.

Total neglect on their part. I never got a straight answer but they claim she jumped out of the tub and over a wall and landed on her right side resulting in severe injury. Why was she not leashed?I was told to take her to an emergency vet and they would pay. I have not been paid.

They promised to pay the vat and have not. I was going on a trip for my 50th birthday and petco ruined it for me. I am handicapped and she is my companion dog. Petco says she is just considered a possession.

She will never be the same and the company Petco has turned the claim over to will not pay for my mental anguish or her long term medical bills. Heck, they have not paid anyone yet. My 5 year old greyhound is in pain and she does cry.

How do I deal with Petco ?SEE PIC'S

Review about: Petco Grooming Service.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

El Paso, Texas, United States #992602

"Concerned," how is your opinion in any way "professional?" Show us your vet's degree or dog training credentials.

While I agree the vet bills should be paid, when you go into ANY grooming salon, you sign a paper that says you agree to let the groomers handle your dog.

If your dog is unruly or does not take to being groomed, then you should do it yourself.

If you are not physically able to care for a dog, then perhaps you shouldn't own one.They require a great deal of care.

to Anonymous Boston, Massachusetts, United States #992684

I've had my associate degree in Veterinary Technology since 1998, 3 yrs of pre vet and pet sitting business for 12 years Good enough for you ?

to Anonymous Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1290230

You are an *** without a heart.PETCO is responsible here.

Any *** can see that. You clearly missed that this is a work dog for someone with a disability. I am SURE it is well behaved.

People like you are whats wrong with the world.You make me sick!!!

petco KILLED my dog!!!!

just went in for a grooming and my dog went into cardiac arrest and never got him back...PETCO sucks!!

This is horrible! I don't think I'll ever shop at PetCo again. (Actually-- I know it!)

Newton Highlands, Massachusetts, United States #710244

Update: She needs to have another surgery in some weeks to remove wires and pins which are holding her leg together.I am glad she did not loose her leg.

Her leg is disfigured but she will be able to walk.Sadly she will most likely never be able to be a service dog again and she is very nervous and jumpy from her horrific grooming experience at Per Co.

Yonkers, New York, United States #692246

Very sad!, I have a dog and can happen to me, I feel sorry!

to Anonymous Newton Highlands, Massachusetts, United States #696114

Thank you for your post expressing your concern for my dog. I appreciate it.

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #691980

I'm not going to disagree with the fact that they owe you the dogs medical bills and any bills you took as a direct cause of this. Don't give us your BS of "mental anguish" I hope they don't pay you that. I hope if you sue the courts don't make PetCo pay that either. Why do people always expect to be over compensated for a tragedy or an accident. Had they hurt you due to an accident they caused, fine, you deserve something for your pain. Guess what, it's a dog. It jumped and hurt itself. It's an animal, not a human being.

Sorry if I sound cruel, I'm not trying to. I'm looking at this at a business/law point of view. People need to realize what really happened.

to Nick1346 Boston, Massachusetts, United States #692057

"It's an animal not a human being"? A life is a life and the fact that you are minimizing this individuals life is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Yes, it's extremely callous and ignorant to look at an animal as "just an animal". They live, breath, feel pain and happiness. And actually, Petco's negligence did in fact cause mental anguish, especially due to the circumstance. Having your dogs leg shattered 2 days prior to a 11 day vacation that was saved for, for quite sometime, ruining her vacation! Furthermore, needing to speak with the vet and the caregiver several times a day for updates, not to mention the problems she's continuing to have. That to me is absolutely mental anguish cause by high stress.

All the money in the world couldn't bring back the quality of life for that dog. Being stressed and in suspense each and everyday, awaiting news from the vet due to ongoing complications is absolutely mental anguish. If it applies to humans it should apply to animals who bring so much joy into people's lives. Oh and last but not least the dog is a companion dog for a woman who is handicapped. That is priceless!!!

Grow a heart which a vast majority of you lawyers seem to lack.

You also state "people need to realize what really happened ". So tell us, what RELY happened? Petco employee I presume.