April 16,2012, Took my dog to Petco groomers for a bath a brush. While performing this, my dog turned
around with the lead on his neck while on the grooming table. He choked. The manager called me and
told me he had "bumped his head during grooming". When I picked him up, both eyes were bleeding and
bulging..I took him immediately to the vet who informed me he had been strangled. He may lose eyesight
in the worst eye. He looks so sad and does not come to me now, I know he thinks I left him there and let
him down. I went back to Petco and asked if they had breakaway collars during grooming..they showed me
a large breakaway leash that a small dog could not initiate enough force to break in an emergency. I am
considering a lawsuit after viewing the MANY inicidents that have happened at Petco groomers in various
cities. Do they ever even CONSIDER safety of the animals and the "what if" scenerios?????
Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.