Verified Reviewer

My dog has been groomed at Petco #1245 for years. I make appointment week in advance to have him groomed.

The day before they called and confirmed my Appointment for 12pm the next day. The day of the grooming I get there approx. 10 minutes early as usual and the young lady says the groomers out to lunch and should be back in a few. I wait walk my dog outside a little and then I see the normal groomer outside coming back from lunch and she says she cant groom him he's too old and they have a new policy that any dog arthritis or medical conditions they are not to groom.

Ok, I understand I guess, it was the way they informed me. I drove across town, waited and then told out in the parking lot. I almost felt like they didn't want to groom him because they were at lunch still and had to go get a smoke in around the building. They should have called me or not taken my appointment in the first place.

Anyway, it's just a dog groom. I can get it done somewhere else but the service and the way they informed me was very poor. Didn't even offer me a bone..

Also, I noticed very poor inventory levels in this store, maybe it's closing, sort of looks like it. I won't shop there or take any other dog there.

User's recommendation: Find someplace with better service.

Petco Pros: Has been fine in the past.

Comments

Hello Lyle. We're sorry to hear about your recent in-store experience.

We follow very clear policies and procedures in our grooming salons to ensure safety for pets, accountability for our grooming teams, and both comfort and satisfaction for the pet parents who trust us with their pets.

Please call our customer support at (888-824-7257) so that we can look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Petco Reviews