Fresno, California

I've been a petco customer since I adopted my cat. today was i purchased food for him and was told that my sale came to $18.00 and change.

I gave the clerk my 'pal' card and he said to me "It's still $18.xx, this card only records your sale, it doesn't save you any money." I supidly paid the money and left the store. I will not be back.

I've checked with PetSmart and, even though they do not carry "Natural Balance" which I prefer, I will switch my brand of cat food rather than return to a store with the attitude displayed by your sales clerk. I've only had my cat for about three months now, but have purchased over over $200.00 in your store and would have continued to do so had I been treated with respect, and had received the discount that previous clerks had cheerfully given me.

Another pissed customer.

Comments

ProbablySmarterThanYou

@John

You are a ***!!! You don't know anything about dogs or cats. I don't even understand why you're looking at comments about petco if you don't even own any pets. Why do you even care? No one NEEDS a pet, but alot of people WANT them because they do enjoy their companionship and love.

Dogs and cats don't need "gourmet" food, but they do need and deserve the proper nutrition provided by the more expensive formulas. You usually get what you pay for. The cheap food is mostly corn, wheat, soy, and very little animal protein. If you knew ANYTHING about dogs and cats (which you obviously don't) you would know that their natural diet consists of mostly animal protein and quality fruits and vegetables. Read the labels on the cheap food and compare to your so-called "gourmet" food and you should understand what you are paying for.

*Sidenote- when you feed the cheap food you have to feed 2 to 3 times as much to get the same amought of nutrition and calories as the more expensive forumulas because dogs and cats can't properly digest corn, soy, and wheat. So in the long run, it doesn't save any money by buying the cheap stuff but it will give your pets really bad gas!

@John

The PALS program only gives you savings if you purchase items that are on sale. It also keeps track of how much money you spend and earns you points. As you earn points you earn coupons.

No I will never understand why someone would spend hundreds of dollars on dog beds massages,gourmet food,or any of this other *** BS that you fools waste your money on.They are pets not your kids and they never will be kids.

If you had pets you would understand why we spend so much money on them. And to the poster...

the Pals card does save you money... read the piece of paper they gave you when you signed up.

No I do not have pets and I laugh at you people I see coming out of these pet stores after spending hundreds of dollars on a dog.The only person who laughs harder than me is the owner of these stores.

John- do your research before making statements like that. You're obviously uninformed.

Not all foods at petco or petsmart are "gourmet" and the more domesticated companion animals get, the lower their immune systems and the poorer their digestive capabilities get, which is why they start requiring better foods. Those "gourmet" foods you're trashing are actually closer to nature than the cheap *** you probably feed your poor animals, if you have any. Iams? Full of by-products, corn and other fillers.

Eukanuba? Same. Fancy Feast?

Mostly chemicals. Even Science Diet is loaded with nasty, gut-irritating fillers and by-products.

danay,it's employee's like you that are ***.customers should be treated with more respect. you are the true ***.that's why more and more people are starting to shop at the local mom and pop shops.

petco and petsmart or should i say pet dummy? any way they suck!

We can't just randomly give you discounts. It's a rewards card..you have to buy things that are on sale...I am glad you switched to Petsmart..I don't want to deal with idiots like you

Yes it is their choice and their money and it is being wasted.Like I said the "pet industry" has convinced you people that your pets need these things and its not true.PLAIN STUPIDITY is what it is.

John, concentrate on your pets only. If people want to give their animals gourmet food, that's their choice and their money.

NOT YOURS. Calm down.

You people that think cats and dogs need gourmet food are IDIOTS.Cats and Dogs have lived for thousands of years and they did not have gourmet food most of that time I can guarantee you.A dog will literally eat SH.T so why in GODS name would you think it needs gourmet food.Domesticated cats are natural hunters like all other species of cat.They can live on birds,mice,and other small animals.They do not need a $20.00 bag of food to live.You people need to understand that this "pet industry" is a multibillion dollar a year business.Getting people like you to believe your PET can not live without expensive shampoo,massages,expensive food,and all the other RIDICULOUSLY priced BS is what makes it such a profitable industry for these companies that offer this *** BS.