Reston, Virginia

Frequent trips to Petco in Baileys Crossroads, VA have been extremely frustrating. They entered my customer information incorrectly and seemed completely unable to recognize it was a problem. Never even offered to heop. They have just a few things to do in their jobs: order products, help customers find products, check out customers, and enter and review database information. As an add-on, maybe they'll help you to your car with very heavy stuff. The store manager was rude, unimaginative, and lazy about resolving the problem HE and HIS STAFF had caused. Yeesh! How hard is it to figure out there's a Petco

Corporate is no better and in fact an exchange with the national operation reinforces why their customer service ethic stinks.

Go elsewhere! (This complaint doesn't even address their mishandling of live animals, which is amply addressed elsewhere on this site with other complaints).

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Manager.

Comments

peco sucks never go there again my cat came home all wet they tried to tell me they dried him but never did

ProbablySmarterThanYou

You don't even have the ability to form sentences properly and you think you could do my job? HA!!!

I blame the tv commercials. People think that working at a pet store involves playing with the animals all day and doing a minimal amount of work.

That's a joke. It is one of the hardest retail jobs there is.

You try stocking dog and cat litter for eight hours, helping moronic customers like yourself, cleaning up urine and *** from customer's pets (because they are too lazy to do it themselves), taking care of a variety of animals properly, catching animals and being bitten on a regular basis and cleaning animals' cages and the store.

It's not easy and it certainly isn't fun.

I apologize for the bad customer service you received. However, it is not our responsibility to make sure you filled out the form correctly.

We do not know how to spell your last name, we do not know your phone number, and we do not know your address. There is no way for us to know that it was done improperly. I will explain to you how it works: the customer fills out the form, we put it in an envelope and send it to corporate, someone there puts it on a scanner, the scanner then uses the information it picks up to enter all the information into the system. It is your responsibility to make sure everything is legible and spelled correctly.

After it has been entered into the system the only thing we can do in the store is change your phone number and change your email address.

If something other than that needs to be done it is up to you, either on Petco.com or by calling the customer service phone number. I am sorry if this sounds rude, but I get frustrated when customers blame things on us that we have no control over.

I worked for petco grooming for 7years. our salon was 9th in the nation and we had great groomers.And then corporate screwed it all up.

they don't care about there employees or customer loyalty. They only care about the almighty dollar and over selling and over pricing. We would get threatened over not selling enough add ons. All of us in grooming this passed year have left working else where with our loyal clinits.

I wont ever shop there and I'll never work for corperate again. they suck!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha I'd like to see all you work there..It's a lot harder then you think..dealing with the general public sucks..most people are idoits or have anger issues

ANYONE CONNECTED TO PETCO CORPORATION WILL ALWAYS MAKE AN EXCUSE FOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THE CORPORATION DOES NOT GIVE A SQUAT ABOUT HOW CUSTOMERS ARE TREATED AND WHEN THEY HAVE RACIAL EMPLOYEES WORKING FOR THEM THEY UPHOLD THOSE TYPE OF STANDARDS JUST BOYCOTT PETCO FOR UNFAIR TREAT ALL AROUND THEY TALK THE TALK BUT DO NOT WALK THE WALK THEY ARE FULL OF THEMSELVES THEY WANT YOUR MONEY AND NOTHING MORE THEY UPHOLD RUDE DISRESPECT BIAS RACIAL EMPLOYEES AND PRACTICES......

still_moment

"They have just a few things to do in their jobs: order products, help customers find products, check out customers, and enter and review database information."

Excuse me. I am offended. Not only do you make it sound like we do BRAINLESS work, but you illude the IDEA that you could do my job. Who do you think manages our saltwater aquariums? Who feeds our snakes and lizards? Better yet, who knows HOW to do this on a daily basis?

I'm sure it's very easy to point to the Women's section in Khols, but I personally don't even consider Petco retail.

As far as the other complaints on our handling, I am sorry to admit that there are not nearly the number of people working at Petco that should care. I am embarrassed to work with some of the people I work with (unfortunately, this is a corporate issue that I cannot handle), but I think you should take into account the people that care and make a difference. The complaints I hear about other Petco's are disgusting, and I assure you that customers and animals do not recieve this treatment when I work.

Just so you know.. the associates at the store don't enter your information, it is scanned at their corporate headquarters, so if there was a hard to read letter or something missing, they are not in charge of it. The computers don't let them update it, for privacy protection, but you can do it online or by phone.

Sorry to hear about your poor customer service experience with Petco. You might want to give PetFoodDirect a look.

There are far more choices for pet food and supplies available online than either Petco or Petsmart offer.

There is a coupon code on the SPCA Facebook group for 15% off, it's FBPET02. Check them out at www.petfooddirect.com.

I went to petco here in California and the service was awful, besides being awful they made one feel like a criminal. I had only two items and my total came out to be $75 dollars.

I had just gone to the bank to cash my check, I wanted to pay with a $100 and they told me no, I could not pay with it for it was not real. Before telling me this they marked it and in front of everyone they were sticking it to the glass winddow to make sure it was good.

After standing there for like ten minutes and other customers waiting to be helped, they simply said no we can not take it and be glad we are not calling the cops on you. WHAT!!!

I have placed an order online at petco.com. I used their coupon code: "affreg", which should apply free shipping to the order.

Their website ACCEPTED the code and told me it will be applied at the END. It did NOT tell me that the item I ordered was on exclusion list! I truested their site and continued with the order. Free shipping was never applied and I was charged $10.99 for shipping.Customer service refused to refund.

I have emailed them and also spoke with customer service supervisor on the phone. His name he told me was Ray. He was rude and was kept telling me that it was my mistake that I continued with the order. He agreed that their website has a flaw that it accepts the code but it actualy doesn't.

He said I should have looked at the total final charges and not trusting the message that I was getting that the code was accepted. I told him that I will file complaint with FCC and BBB, to which he replied that he doesn't care.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I want my $10.99 refunded!