Petco - The lack of care towards employees and animals within the store, and poor customer service
I am very disappointed by the actions of Petco. I have seen numerous employees come and go from that website. The store used to be filled with people of all diversities, and all kinds of ethnic background but now the store is purely one color. I also notice my favorite employees that used to be there Lisa, James, are all gone. I remember Lisa for being there for about three years, James being there for a shorter amount of time. I was always surprised to see Lisa not ever get promoted. When I asked why, they would joke and say its because the store manager refused to promote females. At first I thought they were being sarcastic that is until I go in the store now. All the managers are white males, most of whom are new. I'm shocked and surprised by this. I then Google discrimination at Petco and find numerous articles and cases about the corporation being discriminatory; I also noticed the animals aren't in the best conditions anymore and even found photos of animals being in horrible conditions online. There's even a indie doc about it. I think this is horrible, and horrible Petco is not letting discrimination go on in their stores but also animal lack of care.
This doesn't surprise me at all because the store manager is a complete ***. I've heard and seen him talk down to employees, and walk away from customers. Heck he's walked away from me even after I asked where the cat food was. Very disappointed all the good employees are gone yet he's still around and still an ***.
I understand not all Petco's are like this and some stores really care about their employees and animals; it just saddens me this is happening in my own city.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Mistreatment of employees and animals
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a reptile terrarium from petco online because they were having a sale. It was the only reason I decided to order from them and since I was ordering..."
- "The breeder told me to purchase this system for the new puppy I was getting. Doesn't work at all on this dog, couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong...."
- "I took my doggie to Petco for nail trimming and while I was there I asked about a bath and ear cleaning. I agreed to have her bathed and such...."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "I consider myself a deal hunter, and I always surf around to find the best prices. I found Compandsave during Cyber Monday craziness, they were selling my Brother LC103 ink..."
- "I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent. Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid..."
- ""I ordered the Empire-V-Neck-Short-Mini-Taffeta-Bridesmaid-Dress- in Lavender. I received my dress on Thursday in Light Blue! I contacted them to see if they can exchange or do something about the dress..."