Petco - The lack of care towards employees and animals within the store, and poor customer service
I am very disappointed by the actions of Petco. I have seen numerous employees come and go from that website. The store used to be filled with people of all diversities, and all kinds of ethnic background but now the store is purely one color. I also notice my favorite employees that used to be there Lisa, James, are all gone. I remember Lisa for being there for about three years, James being there for a shorter amount of time. I was always surprised to see Lisa not ever get promoted. When I asked why, they would joke and say its because the store manager refused to promote females. At first I thought they were being sarcastic that is until I go in the store now. All the managers are white males, most of whom are new. I'm shocked and surprised by this. I then Google discrimination at Petco and find numerous articles and cases about the corporation being discriminatory; I also noticed the animals aren't in the best conditions anymore and even found photos of animals being in horrible conditions online. There's even a indie doc about it. I think this is horrible, and horrible Petco is not letting discrimination go on in their stores but also animal lack of care.
This doesn't surprise me at all because the store manager is a complete ***. I've heard and seen him talk down to employees, and walk away from customers. Heck he's walked away from me even after I asked where the cat food was. Very disappointed all the good employees are gone yet he's still around and still an ***.
I understand not all Petco's are like this and some stores really care about their employees and animals; it just saddens me this is happening in my own city.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Layout of Store|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Mistreatment of employees and animals
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have had a Petco Pals Reward card for nearly 6 months.We shop there frequently and spend A LOT of money. I have never been able to access my Pals Rewards...."
- "They promised me if I took all.down, I would get my money back. As said before, they knew I had brain surgeries, and another 40 plus,..."
- "My boy Sammy, five year old Bichon was groomed on 02/06/2016 , I was told they may need to cut his hair short due to knots on his fur, I..."
- "We purchased the Cindy Crawford, "Crosby Street" feather sectional in May of 2015. I didn't realize that I was buying a hazardous couch until the first time I sat on..."
- "I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about..."
- "From the moment we walked I to the office, David was super warm and positive. Our credit was far from perfect and he guided us in the right direction to..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."