3.1
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

I am very disappointed by the actions of Petco. I have seen numerous employees come and go from that website. The store used to be filled with people of all diversities, and all kinds of ethnic background but now the store is purely one color. I also notice my favorite employees that used to be there Lisa, James, are all gone. I remember Lisa for being there for about three years, James being there for a shorter amount of time. I was always surprised to see Lisa not ever get promoted. When I asked why, they would joke and say its because the store manager refused to promote females. At first I thought they were being sarcastic that is until I go in the store now. All the managers are white males, most of whom are new. I'm shocked and surprised by this. I then Google discrimination at Petco and find numerous articles and cases about the corporation being discriminatory; I also noticed the animals aren't in the best conditions anymore and even found photos of animals being in horrible conditions online. There's even a indie doc about it. I think this is horrible, and horrible Petco is not letting discrimination go on in their stores but also animal lack of care.

This doesn't surprise me at all because the store manager is a complete ***. I've heard and seen him talk down to employees, and walk away from customers. Heck he's walked away from me even after I asked where the cat food was. Very disappointed all the good employees are gone yet he's still around and still an ***.

I understand not all Petco's are like this and some stores really care about their employees and animals; it just saddens me this is happening in my own city.

This person wrote the review because of "discrimination animal cruelty" at Petco and attached photos and videos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Petco to "petco needs to pay more attention to how employees and animals, and customers are treated at their stores".

The most disappointing in user's experience was mistreatment of employees and animals. Author liked the most employees. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Petco. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Petco and petco customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

Orange City, Florida, United States #1201533

Former Petco aquatic specialist here, the location I worked until very recently had very petty management as well.That store goes through aquatic specialists like you would not believe.

This is because the aquatic specialist is basically the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong. There were issues with habitats that I had been reporting over and over since I got hired, and over a year later I get fired because a corporate walk revealed that they never bothered to fix these things, and told the corporate guy that I never reported it, even after I pointed out that a manager had written a note on a tank with dry erase regarding the issue.

So much lying to cover their own butts rather than just do their jobs...It's a horrible place to work, and stressed me out to the point of being medicated.

Petco
San Diego, California, United States #1198318

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Can you please call our customer support team at (888-824-7257) so that our team can look into this situation further? We appreciate your feedback on this and we look forward to hearing from you.