Petco - The lack of care towards employees and animals within the store, and poor customer service
I am very disappointed by the actions of Petco. I have seen numerous employees come and go from that website. The store used to be filled with people of all diversities, and all kinds of ethnic background but now the store is purely one color. I also notice my favorite employees that used to be there Lisa, James, are all gone. I remember Lisa for being there for about three years, James being there for a shorter amount of time. I was always surprised to see Lisa not ever get promoted. When I asked why, they would joke and say its because the store manager refused to promote females. At first I thought they were being sarcastic that is until I go in the store now. All the managers are white males, most of whom are new. I'm shocked and surprised by this. I then Google discrimination at Petco and find numerous articles and cases about the corporation being discriminatory; I also noticed the animals aren't in the best conditions anymore and even found photos of animals being in horrible conditions online. There's even a indie doc about it. I think this is horrible, and horrible Petco is not letting discrimination go on in their stores but also animal lack of care.
This doesn't surprise me at all because the store manager is a complete ***. I've heard and seen him talk down to employees, and walk away from customers. Heck he's walked away from me even after I asked where the cat food was. Very disappointed all the good employees are gone yet he's still around and still an ***.
I understand not all Petco's are like this and some stores really care about their employees and animals; it just saddens me this is happening in my own city.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Mistreatment of employees and animals
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Iona left my house on the 16th of June happy and healthy. She was seen by the vet on the 8th of June to recieve a valid veterinarary health certificate..."
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."
- "Bought a full bred english bulldog,so we thought.. She also told us the mother of my dog was on premises the beggining of the lies . We promised we..."
- "DO NOT order from Modlily!!! They are horrible. Horrible customer service, false advertising and I'm pretty sure they are using child labor to make their shoddy clothes. That is the..."
- "I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about..."
- "ANDREW RUIZ, ANDREW GARCIA RUIZ JR DRIVES AROUND THE BASTROP, CEDAR CREEK, SMITHVILLE, RED ROCK, QNE LAGRANGE TEXAS AREA LOOKING “WORK”. HE WAS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITH..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."