Petco - They Sliced My Dog Everywhere!!!!!!

I have a Black Russian Terrier......very large dog.Have gone to the Fairfield location since he was a puppy and had a great groomer.

She left. Since she left, he's come home damp and matted. I took him in Friday with the Salon a Manager named Courtney on Friday. I explained to her what's happened in the quality of services since the other groomer left.

She was rude, hostile, and unprofessional. I should have left but left him. The dog I picked up is NOT the dog I dropped off. He was literally SHAVED.

In some places, they were raw and bleeding! The insides of his ears are bleeding and he has cuts to his neck and tail to the skin!

There's no way he wasn't crying through this.Absolutely sickening.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Not much any more
    • Laughable
  • What I disliked
    • Animal conditions
    • Grooming
    • How animals and employees are treated
    • Courtney

Reason of review:
Courtney should be fired! Animal abuse
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Petco Grooming Services
Review category
Pet Stores
review #768022

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petco? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Senior citizen groomer

Sep 10 #1210795 Marion, Michigan

You are right to be upset!!! I have been a groomer since 1965 and theres no excuse for that treatment. Did you press charges or sue them? Another thing is if they were unable to groom your dog safely they should have called you before doing any harm to your dog/baby and had you come get your dog/baby. Ask the police if you can pickett (not sure if it is allowed) the buisness on a busy day (weekend) and see what happens!!! I would bet they would be glad to settle things to your liking!!!

0 0 Reply

Jan 11 #1092350 San Diego, California

Hi there. We're sorry to hear this, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Can you please call our customer support team at (888-824-7257) so that our team can look into this situation further? We appreciate your feedback on this and we look forward to hearing from you.

0 0 Reply

Jan 11 #1092957

Well, in fact, I called corporate headquarters in San Diego, California, several times this morning and there was no answer. An "operator"was not available. I then phoned customer service......and was, of course, transferred to "Chris" in the Philippines. Laughable but okay. I explain my very bad problem. But with the language barrier, I'm not sure he really was able to grasp the severity. he tells me he will contact "Pete", the District Manager, and Pete will get back to me. I ask for Petes last name. No. They don't give out names of people actually held accountable.....just "Pete". It is now 8:40 Pete and no call. Give be a break. Negative social media is the on,y way to reach someone there....... I'm gonna give you just that.

4 0 Reply

Jan 12 #1093022 San Diego, California

Hi cdt007. We were able to pull up your previous contact with our support. We'll check on this and contact you asap. Thank you.

1 0 Reply

Jan 12 #1093565 Fairfield, California

Following up on my original post. I received a call today from Pete, the District Manager. He had already conducted an investigation, interviewed employees, paid for my vet visit, and reviewed video from my dogs grooming. He was very apologetic, and, honestly, I feel much better knowing it didn't fall on deaf ears and I have full confidence he will make changes in procedures at this location. For the record, after taking my dog to the vet, they were not cuts but burns from the clippers. While equally problematic, I do feel more comfortable knowing it wasn't intentional but maybe lack of training, etc. Not happy with my experience that day but I feel confident that it will be dealt with by Petco and their District Manager.

3 2
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Petco. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Petco.
Filing a new complaint about