100% full Not resolved
3.0

I have a Black Russian Terrier......very large dog.Have gone to the Fairfield location since he was a puppy and had a great groomer.

She left. Since she left, he's come home damp and matted. I took him in Friday with the Salon a Manager named Courtney on Friday. I explained to her what's happened in the quality of services since the other groomer left.

She was rude, hostile, and unprofessional. I should have left but left him. The dog I picked up is NOT the dog I dropped off. He was literally SHAVED.

In some places, they were raw and bleeding! The insides of his ears are bleeding and he has cuts to his neck and tail to the skin!

There's no way he wasn't crying through this.Absolutely sickening.

This person wrote the review because of "courtney should be fired! animal abuse" at Petco and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Petco to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was animal conditions, grooming, how animals and employees are treated and courtney. Author liked the most not much any more and laughable. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Petco. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Petco and petco grooming service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Petco?

Comments

Marion, Michigan, United States #1210795

You are right to be upset!!!I have been a groomer since 1965 and theres no excuse for that treatment.

Did you press charges or sue them? Another thing is if they were unable to groom your dog safely they should have called you before doing any harm to your dog/baby and had you come get your dog/baby.

Ask the police if you can pickett (not sure if it is allowed) the buisness on a busy day (weekend) and see what happens!!!I would bet they would be glad to settle things to your liking!!!

Petco
San Diego, California, United States #1092350

Hi there.We're sorry to hear this, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Can you please call our customer support team at (888-824-7257) so that our team can look into this situation further?We appreciate your feedback on this and we look forward to hearing from you.

cdt007
to Petco #1092957

Well, in fact, I called corporate headquarters in San Diego, California, several times this morning and there was no answer.An "operator"was not available.

I then phoned customer service......and was, of course, transferred to "Chris" in the Philippines. Laughable but okay. I explain my very bad problem. But with the language barrier, I'm not sure he really was able to grasp the severity.

he tells me he will contact "Pete", the District Manager, and Pete will get back to me. I ask for Petes last name. No. They don't give out names of people actually held accountable.....just "Pete".

It is now 8:40 PM.......no Pete and no call. Give be a break.

Negative social media is the on,y way to reach someone there.......I'm gonna give you just that.

Petco
to cdt007 San Diego, California, United States #1093022

Hi cdt007.We were able to pull up your previous contact with our support.

We'll check on this and contact you asap.Thank you.

cdt007
to Petco Fairfield, California, United States #1093565

Following up on my original post.I received a call today from Pete, the District Manager.

He had already conducted an investigation, interviewed employees, paid for my vet visit, and reviewed video from my dogs grooming. He was very apologetic, and, honestly, I feel much better knowing it didn't fall on deaf ears and I have full confidence he will make changes in procedures at this location. For the record, after taking my dog to the vet, they were not cuts but burns from the clippers.

While equally problematic, I do feel more comfortable knowing it wasn't intentional but maybe lack of training, etc.Not happy with my experience that day but I feel confident that it will be dealt with by Petco and their District Manager.