I had two absolutely unacceptable experiences with Petco selling through Amazon. I bought a bird cage from Petco in mid-July and in mid-August, I asked for a status update, as the shipping estimate from Amazon indicated that the item should be shipped soon. At that time I was told that despite that I was given a shipping estimate from Amazon, that it was in backorder!!!!! Wouldn't be in for another month. But they didn't tell me, I had to ask!! They said sorry, offered me a 10% discount, and I trusted them again when I placed an order on 9/15, again with a shipping estimate in early October.

On 9/27, I asked about the status of my second order and they informed me that, despite that there was a shipping estimate of early October from Amazon when I placed the order, that the item was on backorder and would be available in mid November. THIS is despite the fact that I bought a product that said it was in stock when I bought it, apparently it wasn't, but they didn’t bother to tell me until I asked TWO WEEKS LATER

DO NOT TRUST PETCO, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!! On two separate occasions, they have shown INCOMPETENCE AND A COMPLETE LACK OF CARE FOR THE CUSTOMER.

BECAUSE OF PETCO, MY BIRD CANNOT MOVE IN WITH ME!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Customer Care.

Comments

Petco
#891998

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced as a result of your recent bird cage purchase with us. We apologize for the delay in offering our assistance on this website but we'd like to look more into this and address any additional concerns you may have, please call: 888-824-7257.