I bought $100 worth of cat toys and dog snacks and by the time I made it to my car I realized I didn't pick up the fourth item to complete the buy 3 get 1 free Leaps and Bounds sale.
I went back into the store to see the clerk. She was helping a customer on the floor. So I went to pick up the item I wanted and made it back to the register and she was there. I showed her my receipt and identified the three Leaps and Bounds items I just bought and let her know that I wanted this fourth item to fulfill the sale.
She looked at my receipt at the bottom and said that I got the discount. She was, however, pointing out the two line items for the manufacturer's discount that I go on two other products. I explained the situation to her again. Then she said that maybe the sale was that you bought four and then you got one free. I let her know that that wasn't what the sign said. She called the manager saying that she needed help because I said some cat toys were on sale. He came and I told him the situation. He looked at the receipt. He said that I could take the toy and he'd write it off.
While I'm glad the manager resolved the situation I have lingering concerns. First, it seems reasonable to me that the clerk would know whether or not there was a sale or would go to check the sign. Second, it seems reasonable to me that the clerk would know how to distinguish between manufacturer discounts and other sale items. Third, it seems reasonable to me to officially rectify the problem - it wasn't a write off, as if merchandise went missing, it was the rightful discount from a paid purchase.
Most importantly, I have patronized Petco for as long as I can remember. Having had three animals at a time since 1999, I have spent and untold amount of money - besides the non-essentials I purchased today. I shouldn't have been treated as if I was trying to be unethical by attempting to cheat away a $10 item from Petco, especially after spending so much for unnecessary items that day.
I will no longer be shopping there out of fairness and self-respect (obviously). That's how the free market works, eh?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Wondering if i would be treated like a criminal if i were white
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "We have had a Petco Pals Reward card for nearly 6 months.We shop there frequently and spend A LOT of money. I have never been able to access my Pals Rewards...."
- "I called Petco to set up a grooming appt. for my little dog who is all but blind, and the earliest they said they had was the following Tues...."
- "On November 11, 2012 we bought a bag of Kirkland Healthy Weight dog food instead of the regular Kirkland Mature dog food which we regularly use. The bag of..."
- "I installed the Wirefly Parental Control App (Version: 1.16.0) from the Blackberry App World. I was surprised to see the app. The app install on my phone was fine but..."
- "This is the second time I wrote about this issue. I have attached two photos about how Save A Lot store # 823 improperly handles eggs. I have three photos..."
- "Okay, it's obvious to me that this bunch or *** have NOTHING to do with the REAL Book Of the Month Club, nothing at all. These scumbags tried to rip..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."