I bought $100 worth of cat toys and dog snacks and by the time I made it to my car I realized I didn't pick up the fourth item to complete the buy 3 get 1 free Leaps and Bounds sale.
I went back into the store to see the clerk. She was helping a customer on the floor. So I went to pick up the item I wanted and made it back to the register and she was there. I showed her my receipt and identified the three Leaps and Bounds items I just bought and let her know that I wanted this fourth item to fulfill the sale.
She looked at my receipt at the bottom and said that I got the discount. She was, however, pointing out the two line items for the manufacturer's discount that I go on two other products. I explained the situation to her again. Then she said that maybe the sale was that you bought four and then you got one free. I let her know that that wasn't what the sign said. She called the manager saying that she needed help because I said some cat toys were on sale. He came and I told him the situation. He looked at the receipt. He said that I could take the toy and he'd write it off.
While I'm glad the manager resolved the situation I have lingering concerns. First, it seems reasonable to me that the clerk would know whether or not there was a sale or would go to check the sign. Second, it seems reasonable to me that the clerk would know how to distinguish between manufacturer discounts and other sale items. Third, it seems reasonable to me to officially rectify the problem - it wasn't a write off, as if merchandise went missing, it was the rightful discount from a paid purchase.
Most importantly, I have patronized Petco for as long as I can remember. Having had three animals at a time since 1999, I have spent and untold amount of money - besides the non-essentials I purchased today. I shouldn't have been treated as if I was trying to be unethical by attempting to cheat away a $10 item from Petco, especially after spending so much for unnecessary items that day.
I will no longer be shopping there out of fairness and self-respect (obviously). That's how the free market works, eh?
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Wondering if i would be treated like a criminal if i were white
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."
- "I just received an email from a Boston lawyer with regards to my dog's broken leg that happened while being groomed at Pet co in Needham Ma. My claim was..."
- "I had recently ordered some discus fish and had a comment about the way they were shipped/handled. When I went to open my account it was no longer accessible...."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "rent a center delivered a parlor set, and broke a collection on my wall of the beatles, i had for a very long time, it was a rare piece, they..."
- "I just had my 2015 Ford Explorer serviced at ford flood they didn't suggest a tire rotation or any other services i got a email for the service department about..."
- "From their website advertising I thought they were a local business in Cleveland, OH only to find out they are nothing but an order service that charges $13.95 and send..."