This is in regards to the Petco Store located at 9151Highway 6 South, Houston, TX 77083.

Sunday March 29, 2015, we had an appointment for 12:30pm for Toby's grooming. To be bathed, ears cleaned, nails clipped, teeth brushed and finally trimming as well, the customer # 435421275.

I drove Toby and dropped him of at the above store at 12:20pm. Mandy took Toby.

After almost 4 hours I called to see how much longer it would be before Toby could be picked up and brought home. Ariana the employee who answered my call put me on hold and went to check. After a few minutes she came back and informed me that "Toby was not quite ready and that I would get a call when he was.

Well after hanging up, I just thought Since it had been almost 4 hours that surely it would not take much longer and that I would go to the Petco Store and wait there.

When I got to the store and inquired about Toby and requested that if I could see him, they brought him out and it turns out 4 hours had gone by and they had not even started on him. They could have bathed and shampooed him as the fur to dry takes the longest time and in the meantime taken care of cleaning his ears, brushing his teeth, trimming his nails.

At this point, I asked to see the manager, met the GM Kimberly, who admitted that they should have bathed/Shampooed him. Also she said if I leave Toby for a few hours longer that they would take care of him. I inquired as to how many hours more, the GM Kimberly could not commit to how long.

I brought Toby home and as soon as he got home he went and drank water like in those 4 hours he had not been given water.

What kind of service is this.

On top of the above I complained to the corporate office, complaint reference # 5719152. They took down the details and told me the information was emailed to the local District Manager, David. That I should be hearing from him within the next 48 hours. The 48 hours have gone by but have not heard from David the District Manager.

Very frustrating and upset with Petco. Not only how Toby was treated but also that as committed there was no follow up by the District Manager David.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of pet grooming from Petco. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Petco to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Petco for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

It is petcos policy that dogs have water at all times even though I'm sure someone could forget corporate salons are always very busy alot of the times the groomers are way over worked and burned out..I agree there is no reason why your dog should have been there hrs with nothing done but haveing worked there before it's sad to say I can understand why it would happen the groomers have noone to assist them with anything I had to stop seven diffrent times meaning taking the dog out of tub to the cage to answer the phone do walk in nail trims before you know it the dog has been there 45 mins and it's still not even washed

Petco

Hi there.We're sorry to hear about your recent experiences, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your patience as our team works towards a resolution. If the DM doesn't contact you within 72 hours, please call our customer support at (888-824-7257) so that we can look into this further.

Best wishes.