Washington, District Of Columbia
2.1K views

On Sunday, I took my dog (black lab) in to have her nails trimmed at petco in Huntersville, NC. I didn't have the paper copy of her rabies vac so I needed to bring her back...no big deal, I just didn't know to bring it.

I asked at that time if I would be able to stay with her because she has seperation anxiety and I want her to be comfortable. I was told that it wouldn't be a problem, that I could even come back and stand next to the table where they did it. Great...so I bring her back with the rabbies info on Tuesday, I ask the gentleman the same question, again, he said it wouldn't be a problem. Then another girl comes in, takes over for the guy and tells me that no...I couldn't come back.

My dog is the most docile dog I've ever seen, doesn't even bark, gets along with everyone. She was scared because it was unfamiliar and I wasn't going back there with her. The girl, picked her up and put her on the table and put a noose around her neck to trim her nails. She showed no compassion for the dog that was clearly scared.

Had I been able to go back with her (as I was told I could by 2 other employees), there would have been no need to man handle my dog like that.

I spend a lot of money on my animals and had been choosing Petco over Petsmart to buy most supplies..not anymore, I will never bring my dog back in there for anything. They've lost a good customer because an ignorant employee wouldn't make a simple accomodation.

Comments

Petcos policy not only states that if a dog is on the table it must have a groomers helper on (the noose) not only for the dogs safety to keep him or her still but also in the event a dog is snappy for feet. In addition some dogs tend to get over excited when they can see their owners but can't go to them and it makes the nail trim harder and the possibility of being kwiked more likely

Its not difficult to trim your dogs nails yourself. You just need a good pair of dog nail clippers.

They even make some that have a nail guide stop so you don't cut the nail to short or into the nail vein/quick.

I trim all my dogs nails and clean their ears every two weeks. needless to say No long nails, no ear problems.

Boo hoo a grown up couldnt go watch her dog while its nails were trimmed and now shes crying about it online; yet callingvthe employee ignorant! Hahahaha suck it up

Petco policy states that customers are not allowed in the area. It is also policy that the dog go on the table and be placed in the noose. The employee who told you that you could go back there with the dog is the one who is wrong.

You're not allowed to go back for safety reasons. It is policy to have the dog on the table and safely secured, Your dog can still slightly move around and breathe fine.

How else do you expect someone to trim a dogs nails safely?

If the dog was moving around we would surely hit the dogs vein and result in pain. I hope you and your kind go die.

How else do you expect someone to trim a dogs nails safely?

famousamos1206

I agree and dont blame you a bit for being angry.. I just posted my own complaint about Petco Groomers today and I live in a different state..Obviously a serious lack of traing and compassion.