San Jose, California

I was a loyal customer of store number 1325 until I was mistreated and disrespected over and over by several employees. I was over charged and had to take my dog home half groomed. That isn't all either! They did a grooming service I did not ask for and overcharged me. On 10/9/11 I wanted a general wash and groom for my shitsu. I explained that to the person on the phone that scheduled the appointment and the person at the front desk when I arrived. I told the groomer Jenny that my dog gets very scared so she might get feisty. BTW she is four years old and not one groomer has ever not finished grooming her. I assumed that they would put a muzzle on her if necessary to get the job done. She called and told me that she couldn't finish cutting her hair and feet because she couldn't get the muzzle on. Shouldn't she have put it on before grooming her? I arrived to pick her up and they were charging me for a service I did not want. I spoke with a manager Mike Parodi and explained this and the fact that I had to take my dog half groomed he did not seem to care. The girl at the grooming salon was insinuating that I was lying and trying to get over on them. My mistake was trusting that they listened when I booked my appointment. Instead they assumed I wanted the service I had last visit. I did sign a form thinking it was a disclosure form. No one explained anything. Humiliated and very upset I gave up and paid $73.00 for what I thought was going to be a $50.00 service that would be complete!

I called the store and spoke with Stefanie (assistant manger) and tried to get the general managers information. She said she can only disclose his first name. Highly unusual. So I called the customer service number that they have online and placed a complaint with a nice lady on the phone. Today 10/16/11 Stefanie called me and ask about my experience in the grooming salon. I explained the situation and she basically continued to tell me that what they did was right and that I signed the form. I explained that I asked for a general wash and groom and asked how much it was? I knew it was $50.00. She said it was $68.00. What I had paid. I called another store and asked them and they said it is $50.00. She lied to me. I called her back and told her. She was shocked, I knew by her silence. Then I continued to ask for her managers information. She gave me his full name. She had lied the last time we spoke as well. Telling me that she could not disclose anything more than his first name. Needless to say I am a very unsatisfied customer. The people this company hires are not trained in customer service at all. It seems as though they do not take a customer complaint serious or pay any attention what so ever. They do not care for their customer's feelings as well as their pets. I will never shop here again. The success of a business begins with the customer satisfaction. They are far from that goal. Where is the customer service management Larry Barbela (general manger)!?

Product or Service Mentioned: Petco Grooming Service.

Comments

WELL GROOMED

WORST SERVICE EVER THEY OVER CHARGED ME FOR A LITTLE DAMAGE AND SAID I NEED TO PAY FOR THE COST OF THE WHOLE SUITE AS WELL AS TAX ON TOP.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SMALL BUSINESS, NEXT TIME I WILL JUST BUY MY OWN CLOTHES. NO HASSEL AND NOT UNEXPECTING CHARGE AT THE END

SUERUSHING

IM NOT SURE WHERE U ARE LOCATED BUT I GO TO A PLACE CALLED BARKS 5TH AVENUE IN NW HOUSTON, 1960 & JONES. I TOO, HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE AT PETCO, YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER TO THEM.

AT BARKS 5TH AVENUE THEY TREAT U LIKE FAMILY AND THEY ARE REASONABLY PRICED. CHECK THEM OUT.

ProbablySmarterThanYou

We really aren't supposed to dislose anybody's last name to a customer. Besides, it's unneccesary.

If you call the customer service number they'll ask you what store you had a problem at and with who. It's unlikely to have several employees with the same first name in one store.

Stefanie probably wasn't lying to you. She probably didn't know all the services you were charged, so she probably told you the base price of the groom.

That being said, you should never have had to pay for the groom in the first place.

If the groomer can't finish the dog, the customer doesn't pay. That's how our groomers do things in our store.

Wow, see it's stores like that which give the rest of us a bad name. Sorry this was not right by any long shot.

Call that other store back and get the number to the Petco Hotline and file a complaint to corporate. You should have the satisfaction of walking back in that store and getting your money back for a half done job.

Exactly! I had to take my dog home and finish grooming her. I also still had to pay a $6.00 special handling fee.v :(

I am surprised you were expected to pay at all if the dog was not finished. In my salon, if we can't do the dog, there is no charge. Now, if the dog was finished, and the dog was as difficult as you say, then "special handling" could have made the difference from the original price.